So I made a c02 generator

It is. Fungus is super fun and rewarding growing skill. Pressure cookers are a great way to cook a roast also, very tender, very juicy and super fast. Cook like a 7lb roast in an hour.

1 Like

You can make a very simple CO2 generator out of a 2 liter soda bottle. Search YouTube for mosquito traps.

1 Like

I was under the impression that the bottle type only lasted a week or so, then you have to mix up new stuff. Please share your experience.

1 Like

I’ve never used CO2 for cannabis. We had a bad mosquito season here a few years back. I put those diy traps around my yard and I remember they trapped a lot of mosquitoes.

2 Likes

TBH I haven’t either. In tent growing it’s not really necessary. Some will swear by it, and there’s plenty of premade myco bags, and bottle companies selling the dream at like 70.00 bucks a bag. About 15 years ago I adventured down the mycology path and I know that a bag of grain spawn is not no 70.00 to make. More like 10 bucks. A pressure cooker is the most expensive piece of equipment to make it and a reasonable sized one is only 100.00 and it will last for years and years. Get an All America brand one for about 300.00 it’s cast iron and you will for sure be leaving it to a relative in your will. Bag of seed is like cheap as hell for lbs and lbs of it.

Even rye berries are cheap to use:

In an unsealed tent, most of the co2 generated will get sucked right out the vent fan, lots still use it, with good results. It’s your tent, fill it how you like ya know.

2 Likes

Yep that’s the great thing about this hobby. So many ways to go about it. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

The entire reason for it is to try to recreate the ozone plants had before humans, plants were bigger back then so I figured if I can generate c02 going upwards and out the tent along with misters to create humidity at given times then I can hopefully increase yield

Now I find out you can actually legally buy magic mushrooms but not germinate them, why not just legalize them, I would love to be growing some truffles. Guys we need to stock up prior to legalization( just don’t germinate the spores) because when it comes all liquid culture will be sold out

1 Like

Spores for microscopy~Legal
Marijuana seeds for Novelty~Legal
Peruvian Torche/San Pedro Cacti as yard ornament~Legal
Morning glory/Baby Hawaiian Woodrose from flower garden~legal

Use of any of these for their intended purposes is Illegal.

1 Like

Salvia is even legal like the he’ll ahhahaha

Not all of them were bigger. Take corn for example.

I like your thinking, I’m a Libra so immediately I see the other side of the coin. In everything, always. The modern day Cannabis seed has been selectively bread, for both potency and prolifically, for a super long time now. How much like the ancient cannabis plants are they anymore? Do you think a modern Marijuana seed would be able to deal with the soil makeup of an ancient earth? Are plants and animals so alike that like us, when life is easy, animals get fat, humans especially. When times are rough and resources are low we get skinny. So many possibilities. I look forward to your grow journal.
Also, when you say mister do you mean fogger?
Like this?

Or like this?

1 Like

Cast aluminum, I have 2 921s
You will hand them down for sure.

2 Likes

Your right. :poop: I misquoted myself twice today, that’s it I’m done on the boards for the rest of the day.

I migrated to the desert from MN almost 10 yrs ago. Best part of the desert……no damn mosquitoes.

2 Likes

But it looks like the heat might be effecting your brain. Lol, I’m messing wit ya buddy.
I just didn’t want noone going down a rabbit hole looking for a cast iron pressure pot. Man that thing would be 45+ pounds lol

2 Likes

Exactly like the fan blowing the myst, but less harsh those are good questions because the adaptability of cannabis has evolved, though when I start breeding my first strain, ima try to newtons laws of evolution the genetics to allow for more c02 uptake but its going to take generations for it to adapt.