So how old is everyone here?

Yes the lies our body says look you can still lift 100 lbs remember 40 years ago… our brain goes yeah! I WAS STRONG LIKE BULL! Body gets ready starts to move and back goes “Who say you could move!” We got a failed fusion L-4 down to S-1 and two blown discs! HELL NO HE IS NOT MOVING! I AM 65 Yeah

2 Likes

Ugh, I feel for you, man! I gradually lost strength in my left arm and this past summer had C2-C7 laminectomies, C3-C6 vertebrae fused, 2 titanium rods with a crosslink, and between pedicle screws and mounting hardware, I think there’s 21+ screws crammed in that area.
Barely able to work, but still driving on. It 's a very weird experience. Sometimes no pain, sometimes pain, but less after surgery, and the whole time I’m trying to rebuild the left arm as the nerve heals to whatever extent it will regenerate.
It’s like you dial the phone number to your arm and say curl, but no one ever answers the phone.

2 Likes

Not to rain on the parade There will come a time when one’s smoking will end - beacuse of health issues (lungs, ect) that’s were I’m at Dam IT have to start to consider edibles. Yea I can say F^%$it but I really want to live a bit longer NOW I’m down to 4 joints a day _ This time will come to ALL of use at sopme point in time Reference: Will Nelson stopped smoking via DR.orders --bet he is eating edibles NOW !!! any one have a good receipe for thc gummies -I’m all ready burnt ouit on cannabutter cookies ----HELP — of all the ages mentioned I’m still the oldest

1 Like

LOL, I got stuck in electronics in vocational school. Wanted to take machine shop, but it was full ( did get my 2 year degree, apprenticeship, and several programming certificates later in life).
Anyway, in vocational/high school our teacher was a retired Navy guy. Good man, but he didn’t play. Started with DC theory, drug us though vacuum tubes, into AC theory, semiconductor, solid state, rectifiers, motor controls, etc. He was a real stickler for being able to shift from binary to octal to decimal to hex and he wanted to see your work. That’s been…dang well over 35 years ago and I still have formulas rolling around in my head…Ohms Law, inductive capacitance, inductive reactance, …and I don’t think the √3 will ever leave my head.
When the young guys come ask me a question about a fault code or the state a CNC control is in, they seem amazed that I can read BCD on the fly. I’ve tried to show them. Even drew it all out and explained that you don’t have to be scared of numbers. If you can count to 2, binary and BCD are easier than balancing a checkbook. Of course none of them know what a checkbook is, lol.

4 Likes

Aint the years. Its the miles.

2 Likes

I must be in the oldest category at 69. Been over 50 years since my first grow in my home state of Ohio.

1 Like

Yes life was grand for a young GI in Germany back in the day. First trip to downtown Berlin to score some hash tripped my out when street dealer whipped some hash out and weighed me out a chunk while standing on the sidewalk. 75 cents a gram when I first got there, inflation took it to a buck and half by the time I left.

Most of the hash we got was from Lebanon or Pakistan. The best by far was from Nepal.

2 Likes

I agree with all of you I have two sizes channel locks in the kitchen. I USED TO TAKE ANY JAR AND POP IT WAS OPEN. Due to artrightsis in every joint in my hands,knees ,arms,shoudlers ,bah ,bah bah.As for smoking I like a couple of home rolled a day but being sick ,I dont want too. And pain relief is not high on my list of surviring the day w/covid. My cat is crabby at me for not helping her pain. @JaneQP @KoolHandLuke getting older is nice at times I mean how many of us really thought we would make it pass 40. @Pet_de_Chien @StonedCold13

2 Likes

I sure didn’t think I’d be up right or free by 40. Now doing pretty damn good and the has a bun in oven :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::wink:

1 Like

65 I am wife is beyond child bearing years 60. Which I am happy about. I dont think 24/7 little monkeys running around our house. Wow My cat wears me out when she wants to play " chase me daddy" I am ok when I smoke but am sick and she dont get it when I say no Spirit dad cant breath.

3 Likes

66 here, yeah its a ruff gig getting old. I didn’t think i’d make 18! Woke up i was 40 had to plan for retirement before that passed by too :yin_yang:

2 Likes