So, here's the plan

Just a picture for the record of SSH #1, day 2.
Nothing from #2, may be a lost cause. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

The stem on that baby looks huge for its size.

Patience my friend. She’ll break ground soon. Yeah the stem looks nice for sure. What are you using for lighting and how far from it is the light?

I have two 5000k cfl’s about 6" away over each plant now. Will switch to the Vipars later on.

1 Like

Excellent. CFLs are great for getting them started. Good choice :+1:t3:

1 Like

Actually, I think I might have switched the bulbs out for 6500k. I’ll have to check tomorrow.

Yup 1’s up the other is coming. Patience

1 Like

Built a little rack today to hold the Vipars. This clears out some of the extra lines and pulleys up top of the tent and gives me more room to raise the lights later.

8 Likes

Nicely done dude!

It’s been a week so I decided to check on the one that never popped out of the soil. The root looks exactly the same as the day I put it in the Jiffy pot. I stuck it back in a paper towel and put it up in a dark cabinet to see if anything happens in the next few days. What do you think… is it a lost cause?

Let her sit regardless. Dont forget to rewet napkin

1 Like

I had a couple that halted in that state. How’s temperature? Are you using a heating pad?

How is the little guy doing? Did you put him back in a paper towel?

Giving it one more chance in the paper towel but I dropped another seed in water just in case.

1 Like

I’m curious to see if that one pulls through. He would be a survivor.

My new try #2 is in a paper towel to finish germination. The original SSH #2 is dead. :skull_and_crossbones: The root shriveled up and turned brown. I believe the Jiffy starter pot was probably too wet on that one. I think placing the peat pot from #1 into dry soil probably saved her life and she’s doing well now.

She’s still small so hopefully the new one can catch up quickly! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I was thinking of the newly departed one today. I was going to ask you how he was was hanging in there. So now we root for #2.

1 Like

Based on how the seed shell looks on the one that didn’t make it I agree it was to wet. It looked shriveled my seed shells never got that wet. By the time they broke surface the seed looked exactly the same as it did before I planted except it was opened. So I think you’ve found the problem. Here’s a pic so you can see that I mean.

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie - Both were done exactly the same. I think both were too wet from the peat starter pots. #1 is still smaller than it should be. I don’t think I’ll be using them again.

1 Like

The new #2 will be planted in a 4" pot with seedling soil today. I think it will catch up with #1 pretty fast.

5 Likes