So, here's the plan

I still have to calibrate my PH meter before I check my well water but I think I’m going to stick with the RO water. I have 2 five gallon jugs that will only cost $3 to fill both and that should last at least a week when the plants really need watering. I used tap water on my last grow and lost my plants about halfway through bloom. I didn’t know about flushing out the nutes then.

What I use for calibrations. It has a room temp based chart for more accuracy

5 Likes

…also didn’t know softened water wasn’t good for them and never checked ph or ppm in or out of the plants! :exploding_head:

AWESOME! Tis in the cart

Just added it to mine also. Thank you @Budbrother.

1 Like

I got you covered :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

I got a question for any soil growers using Ocean Forest. Do you add extra Perlite to the soil? I think it has 5% already. I’ll be adding some to the smaller containers when I transplant the peat pots into their first soil anyway. I’m going to be using Organic Mechanic - 0.3,0.1,0.2 seedling mix for that so they should be ready for the hotter FFOF by the time they go to their permanent homes.

1 Like

I do add extra perlite when I use FFOF.

3 Likes

Nothing to report today. Moved the seedlings to the tent with 24 hr light.

2 Likes

Also found out the cat has been climbing on the tent when nobody was watching. Got to tape it up now! :mans_shoe: :cat:

I have used black gasket sealant to patch stuff like that. Then you don’t even notice it & it stands up to the negative pressure. Might have to use a bit of aluminum tape on the inside first for that bigger cut though.

1 Like

Ohhhh. Bad kitty. I would have lost it for a minute even though it’s an easy fix. Moving my seedlings into the other room as well.

1 Like

I got some Gorilla Tape that’ll fix it right up, that stuff will stick to anything. The cuts are a lot smaller than the picture makes it look.

4 Likes

My grow is here @Mr.Indica. I was wrong, you didn’t comment on my journal, must have been somewhere else where we were talking about scrogs!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag! I’m set to watch :face_with_monocle:

CFLs are a great choice for seedlings. Soft, cosy and warm :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a naughty kitty! Duct tape should do the trick.

1 Like

Moved #1 to a 4" pot in a mixture of seedling soil and perlite, put her dome back on and back under the cfl’s. I think #2 has decided to turn around and go the wrong way. I’ll give her a few more days before I go poking around in the peat to see what happened.

5 Likes

Nice man! Aurora spun around a few times before breaking ground.

They always find their way :+1:t3:

I just noticed the picture of #1 is upside down too… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes