So, here's the plan

My first real grow will be beginning soon and I want to journal the whole process. I’m going to throw this out now for all the good folk here to comment on before I drop the beans after my ILGM Super Silver Haze (fem) are delivered. All ideas, help, comments and well wishes are greatly appreciated!

The plan for this grow is using Ocean Forest soil in 5 gal Phat Sack pots. I want to grow a 2 plant ScrOG in a 32x32x63 tent with 4" ventilation in an air conditioned room. Lighting will be 2 Viperspector 450 LEDs. Nutrients will be based on the Fox Farms feeding schedule using Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

This weekend I’ll be cleaning out the tent and adding the additional light and getting things ready. I’ll also be building the screen with PVC using the ideas I read about here. Tracking shows seeds arriving Monday so I’ll start germination and begin photo-journaling then.

Hope to hear from all of you who have commented on the other grow journals here. I’ve learned a ton already just reading these posts. My previous grows were just bag seed using yard dirt and placed in the tent with a light… I still ended up with some good smoke! :yum:

4 Likes

Lighting looks to be just about there.
Maybe 7 gal smart pots vs the 5.

Make sure you follow the fox farm flush schedule. It’s necessary

Look into their flowering/bloom nutes. I did notice a difference.

3 Likes

I’d make sure you have a PH reader. I use to farms too and love it. Just be easy on the girls for the first few weeks and wait until the first 2 leaves that show up on your sprout are are dying before you feed. These 2 leaves contain all nutrients that the plant needs to survive. Once you see those dying you know the plant is about to need to be fed

3 Likes

Thanks guys. PH meter and flush chems are on my list now. Luckily I have a hydroponic store close by. I’m sure I’ll be hitting them up a lot in the next few weeks. I was thinking about the 7 gallon pots but I worry about the height. Every few inches will count since I only have 5 feet to work with.

It’s a scrog, you decide the height.
I have a 2’x4’x5’ tent and scrogs work great.

1 Like

I have to agree with @Drinkslinger. You decide the height. Last grow had a plant 18" in height and it damn near filled a 5’x6’ foot scrog net… proper LST and you’ll have no problem filling that area. Good luck with your grow. Will be watching.

How many plants do you think would be good for this amount of space?

And a side note - how do you tag someone in a reply?

This is almost exactly what I’m planning. How do I get “tagged” to be notified to follow this grow? Thanks, help would be appreciated.

You tag someone by putting the @ in front of someone’s name, like this @Audiofreak @BigJon.

1 Like

OK did that do it or do I still have to add it?

Thanks @raustin!

2 Likes

You could do 1 plant or 2 in that space. 2 would be a quicker veg, and a little easier for your first time. Just be sure to top/fimm as soon as they’re ready, and bring the net down before they get too high.

Sounds good @Drinkslinger, that the plan I’ll be going with. I’m going to trade in the 5 gal for 7 gal containers before I transplant too. Trying to get everything as perfect as I can ahead of time. Every bit of advise is appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Also. If you find a journal you REALLY like. There is a button at the end of the thread. To the left of reply. It says tracking. Click it and switch to watch. Youll follow along without needing to be tagged. Warning its addictive and will destroy your email inbox :joy::joy:

But nice setup Jon. N welcome to ILGM. Solid advice above and im almost as anxious as u for your seeds. Best of luck man. And im :eyes::eyes:

At the bottom of the screen there’s a drop down menu that says topic controls. Right below that is another box that says either normal, tracking, or watching. Tracking you’ll see it with a number next to it with the amount of new replies. Watching will send you a email if there’s new replies. And if someone replies to you or tags you, you will get a email of it. I hope that helps.

Thanks still a noobie here and sorting it all out.

Second Viperspector 450 came in today. It’s slightly different from the 2 year old one. I can’t see any light difference between the two in both settings though. Looks like they’ll fill up the space pretty good. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Happy to help when I can. Don’t know much on the growing part other than reading so far but I have spent enough time here to have most of the forum figured out.

1 Like

If you’re doing 2 in that tent the 5 gal will be fine. I prefer 7gal so the plant will get a little bigger, but in that space I wouldn’t go through returning what you have.

2 Likes

I’ll follow the rule of 7P’s* @Drinkslinger.
I need to go back to the store and pick up a few things anyway so I might as well trade them in.

*Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Pot Plants!

3 Likes