SO EXCITED! But now what? I'm terrified!

Wow! Got my seeds in 4 days!!!
Autoflowering White widow
20 seeds
Personal use
First time ever!!
What do I do?? I don’t want too screw this up!

2 Likes

First off calm down and let’s make a checklist of everything you need ,what of these do you have covered
Indoor-lights,tent, fans, rh meter,possibly dehumidifier
Indoor/outdoor- soil medium, pots, ph kit for water,gardening tools

2 Likes

Oh and hydrogen pyroxide for starting your seeds off strong AND FERTILIZER gahh how could I forget that

2 Likes

Not much… every site is different & I would love too have someone that knows how to help me start.
$500 budget preferably less if possible.
Personal use.
3 regular size per day… I have never experienced pure flower! NEVER
I’m thinking 3-4 to start? Too many??
Need indoors so thinking a tent, but I have no idea which one.
I Had to seeds that come out of some. Actually germinated them both after about a week in paper towel method, planted them and they started to grow. cats found them and played with them.

Nahh 3 is fine worst case scenario is you’ll have to kick a girl out of your tent because they re to big ( a really good problem to have imo) its cheaper to make your own tent out of vivosuns 6 mil 4 x 25( unless you want extra in case you fck something up then get the 4x 50) and make a 4x4x5(or 6-7 height if you got the 50) and make a framework out of pvc or wood whichever in cheaper and your better at working with (just make sure theres no lightleak) otherwise if your just buying a tent you’ll be fine with 3x3x5. Personally im growing in a 2.75 x 3.5 white walled closet but I’m still on a test run

1 Like

Lights 90% of the people here will absolutely push you to get hlg they are amazing (but also insanely pricey for how small their footprints are) the minimum I’d recommend is the Mars hydro 1000 (though if you ever upgrade to photos you’ll need assist lights for edges

2 Likes

Fans you’ll need 2 duct style fans (preferably at least 6 in) and ducting 1 connect to a window for fresh air and 1 to your house possibly with a carbon filter if smell is an issue. Ph you’ll need to buy either a good 45 dollar apera ph meter and use an acid like vinegar to get your water to 6.3-6.7(or get a ph up and down kit for 12 bucks that has a green tester vial that you can use to figure out your ph

1 Like

Lol! I have no idea what you said! It’s like talking in a different language. If I go with a tent, which one would you recommend? Light wattage?
The complete set has all that stuff.

Whoosh all those complete kits on amazon are TERRIBLE if I HAD to pick a tent I’d get the vivosun 3x3x6 and trust me you’ll pick up the lingo if you hang around the forums and don’t trust their wattage it’s all about par values

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check that one out! I appreciate the time you have spent helping me.

1 Like

No prob I wish someone broke down everything down for me when I was starting ,would’ve saved me close to 150$ and a lot of fretting

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I don’t know what I would do without it!

On to fertilizer theres two paths you can take water soluble(hydroponic nutes), and organic (usually granular). For the hydros the top 3 from expensive to cheapest are Jack’s, fox farm trio, and dyna grow/bloom . Hydros are good cause they’re easy to feed, instant, and very reliable BUT if you give to much you’ll burn your plants and you have to flush about once every 3 weeks for salt buildup. Organic you have a near infinite of options but I go with the down to earth mixes (which goes into what plants need during their life) seedling and veg stages need roughly 8-4-4 which I get with DTE vegetable mix mixed with bloodmeal. Then when they flower they need closer to 4-8-6 which DTE flower mix is close enough imo. Organics you only need to add once every 3-4 weeks they’re slow release and you have massage them into the top layer and let them feed down and you never flushBUT if you have problems it’s slower to fix( you have to give them a compost tea).

1 Like

Onto soils you can go with a premix (most around here use fox farm mixes but BOY ARE THEY EXPENSIVE but they don’t have to fertilize them for like 6 weeks) ,coconut coir mixed with 30% perlite and some starting nutes (a good middle option that favors hydroponic nutes), or a soil or peat based blend my personal budget mix is 1/3 compost( preferably mushroom) 1/3 hydrated peat moss 2/9 perlite 1/9 vermiculite( cheap and works great with organics) STAY AWAY FROM ALL THINGS MIRACLE GRO Pots you’ll want to get 5 gallon fabric pots for autos

1 Like

As for tools all you’ll really need is a watering can for gentle top feeding , hand pruning scissors for trimming , and gallon jugs to store your Ph d water , you can make your own judgements on rh meters (they’re all a bit fickle) and the dehumidifier, and you’ll also need a plug timer for your lighting I use nearpow, also you’ll need a jewelers loupe for checking your trichs at end harvest time, and lastly air tight Mason jars and 62% integra 2 way 8 gram packs for storing and curing. If you have any questions for the process throw an @ at me and I’ll help

2 Likes

Also dont make topics that are uncategaorized (made that mistake before) as soon as they are no longer on the newest topic list they disappear from sight( throw it into planning a successful beginning or literally anything)

1 Like

Thank you for all the information, I’m definitely be writing these down and start gather my supplies! I’m going to start a grow journal and post throughout too see if everything looks good and smooth.

1 Like

To get you started right I’ll give you my seed starting method 1/2 cup water 1.5 teaspoon pyroxide soak for 12 hours ,pour that solution on a paper towel fold in the seeds, ziplock it , put it under a bowl for total darkness for 24 hours so far I’m 3/3 for that method with 1/2 inch tap roots

1 Like

Love it!! So detailed, but easy to understand!! That’s what I’m looking for!! I’m going to do that! Please anything you remember or think of send my way!

1 Like

Not so important with autos. Some people run their lights 24/7

2 Likes