So exactly how common is nutrient burn?

Hey guys. I’m closing out on my third week of flower and it was two days ago that through this entire process I experienced nutrient burn. Not sure how not sure wtf I did but I did it and I didn’t panic lol. I trimmed the leaves away that were very damaged and flushed her today with some fresh neutral water. My watering schedule is usually day 1 no nutrients day 2 no water day 3 neutral watering day 4 no watering and repeat and this has been it since the beginning and again not sure where I went wrong so exactly how common is nutrient burn? Is it something that even the top growers experience or is it something that is mastered over time? Below are pics of my girl as of today

1 Like

Its common.

2 Likes

Looks good. Depending upon what you’re feeding them, many people go a little shy of the “recommended” amount of nutrients. My first grow, I followed the instructions to the letter…and burned the leaves several times. Backed off and everybody was happy.

1 Like

Yea I’m using the fox farm trio and they’re very potent so I think I’m gonna lower the dosage back a little bit.

Half dose is plenty for ff nutes until mid flower. Also do put watering on a schedule, you water them when the soil is dry. Doesnt matter if thats every other or evey 5 days. Thats going to different for different stages of growth and container size

3 Likes

Fox Farms you can use 1/2 dose usually with no issues. In brand new FF soil you are good for 4 to 6 weeks before needing to add nutrients.

3 Likes

Yeah. Try 1/2 strength (unless somebody more experienced overrules me). That’s worked for me. Push it up a bit if that works.

1 Like

I feed at half strength. Doesn’t seem to hurt my grows.

3 Likes