So close, yet still undecided

So torn for x- 2 260w xl kits that will fill a 4x4 are about the same as money as the 600w kit that will fill my 5x5. But I would still need a 3rd 260w xl to fill the 5x5. Wish the 600w had the MW driver etc as well. Rrrrr, maybe I will run the two 260’s now and get a third later.

Three 260 xl kits will smoke an hlg-600 in a 5x5. If you want less expensive and easier option, the hlg-600 would do. If you want to get most possible out of $600, we can do that too.

If you’re getting antsy with $600, you could consider going with some qb 120 builds. They are available in 4 packs, I think you can build out the 4 pack for $300 or little less. Doing 2 of those now would definitely be a good start, and you can build out a third later. They are about equivalent in light output as a 260 kit.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I am going to go with our original plan and do x-2 260xl rspec kits now and keep on saving for the 3rd. I am taring up the OT at work so it should not take too long to get the 3rd one. I did see a 320w kit that said x-2 would fill a 5x5 as well. Just a couple bucks short of getting the first two to the door. Thank you again! P.s. what kind of wattage difference hanging x-1 600 compared to 3 260xl’s? I am getting excited! Next week at the latest :sunglasses::grin: Or would 2 320 ? Haha sorry drbn32 sir you have the patience of Jobe.

@Thumper Yup…save up for the 3rd one. I got one of my two 260xl kits today. This will be entertaining for sure. You should have seen me go do the road on my Hd Sportster 1200T. My sister had some big bags as well. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I was just comparing, 600w, 2 -320w, or the 3 -260w XL’s Heck I am happy to have finally made a choice to go with qb’s I was ready to pull the trigger on a CMH 315w but dont think it will fill a 5x5 and x-2 = too much heat for me. So qb’s it is! Its gonna be hard to wait a week to order. Anyone got a discount code :grin:

1 Like

3 - 260s gives u a nice way to account for differently growing phenos. And trust me, 6 seeds off the same batch can have 2 feet worth of growing height difference

2 Likes

Gotcha… learning every day! Thanks for the input Purp!

The 600 is least desirable of the 3 choices. The 320 kits run at lower current than 260 kit, so more efficient but less total light output running two of them vs three 260 kits. As purp pointed out, having the three 260xl kits will give you most light output and most flexibility with fixtures.

2 Likes

Perfect! I am finally set on a my lights. I will be ordering the first 2 no later than next friday. If ordered do you think they will ship at the same time, or should I order them in sequence and start getting them here. I could order 1tomorrow, and the second next week…:grin:

1 Like

@Thumper I ordered 2 and only got 1 today. They do 2 day delivery.

2 Likes

Hard to say, I feel like it would work out opposite way however I guessed. I would go with your gut feeling and hope for the best

1 Like

Haha does not matter… Just gritty right now! Had the cash a couple times, but a faulty ac/ furnace, a car for the step daughter took priority over new lights. But now its on!

1 Like

The downside is no instructions but I found a great video of one being together on good ole YouTube.

3 Likes

There’s always something!

1 Like

@Thumper For a correction just for you.

Sorry…ai was showing my sister the box and I see what they did. They taped the 2 boxes together so I know what my chore is tomorrow.

1 Like

Nice! So you got both! I will be right behind ya as soon as I get a day off! :roll_eyes:

I think I found a good video so I can put it together. Definitely not easy right out of the box.

1 Like

You got this.:wink:

Are we there yet?

@Thumper Yup…I have them assembled. Now comes the real fun part. Changing out lights.

1 Like