Snapped main stem

I snapped my main stems this morning doing some LST. As soon as it snapped, the leaves wilted. It is still attached and I have it propped up with a wire hanger. Here are some pictures. Is it gonna bounce back, or did I snap it too bad? Respectfully request any help i can get.

1 Like

I think that your plant will be perfectly fine.

I broke the main stem on one of my plants that I just finished chopping. I just removed the broken part and that plant (super silver haze) turned out to be the biggest of the six. I broke it when they were about 35 days old.

1 Like

Thanks. I hope it ends up being ok. I’m still in veg, so hopefully she’ll bounce back strong. I also just fed my plants, so I’m hoping that helps too.

1 Like

Try tapeing the stem together and support it. I did the same and once taped and supported, it developed a “knuckle” around break and it healed and grew just fine.

2 Likes

I tried to tape it, all I have is scotch tape. My fingers are too fat to get them in there and put tape around it, I do more harm than good, plus the tape gets stuck to all the other leaves around it when I try to wrap it. I said screw the tape and just propped it up with a wire hanger. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

1 Like

Just take an one inch length of tape one wrap around stem and done.

I Broke the 3 main branches on that one learning how to bend them. TAPED AND NO PROB.

1 Like

I use medical tape and a dab of honey. Heals in about a week.

1 Like

Use honey and tape works really well. I did the same thing and it’s perfectly fine

Aloe vera gel is great too for repairing snapped stems. You should be just fine though as it’s still early.

1 Like

:point_up: all good advice. Some of us more clumsy folks keep honey or aloe and tape or ties handy when training, just so it’s right there ready to go, in case.

5 Likes

Thanks. I have an aloe plant and honey. I appreciate the advice.