SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

Thanks @Newb1 for checking on my progress :hugs:

2 Likes

Happy anniversary @SmoknGranny sassy is getting big and looking healthy and the kittens are too, great job

its blooming again @Budbrother

4 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: but I’m sooo jealous of you right now. My lit’l girl only blooms once a year :tired_face: She’s getting repotted and will be going outside next spring and I’ll see if she does better. All the years that I’ve had her she’s lived on my kitchen window sill. I think she’s ready for a change of scenery :grin:

3 Likes

This is the first time it gets two flowers at one time, I’m just tried the pollinating method from YouTube , I’ve got my fingers crossed

3 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: I will be eagerly waiting to hear what happens. :hugs:

1 Like

Yes, I will keep you updated, I’ve been thinking of buying some cactus soil for next transplant but will do more research before I do , could be doing more harm than good, I’m gona check what the people in that peyote forum are using and will let you know.

1 Like

My friend uses small, medium & large components for her succulent soils. I think :thinking: I remember them but won’t post her recipe until I confirm it with her. I’m going to see her Friday and hopefully I’ll remember as I want to get mine repotted soon. The key is writing :writing_hand: it down before we share our “Shopping is Done” bowl

4 Likes

Hey Crabs, you got my last like for today. Congratulations Buddy!! Just a thought @Mrcrabs Check out the church of peyote site for their recipe. I’ve used it on many cactuses and succulents.

The main idea is only 10% ish can retain any water. Lots of rocks, play sand, perlite and a splash of compost.

3 Likes

Can’t leave you hangin’ my dear :+1:t3:
Happy anniversary :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

@SmoknGranny your killing it!!! Not sure I want to grow that stuff…have my hands full just trying to keep my tomatoes and girls happy. So much to learn…

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Love the ladybug photo. Best friends a gardener can have around. :+1:t3: DaGoose

1 Like

Holy Moses lady! You have got a serious garden going! Mrs Greenjeans I think! :+1:t3::green_heart::hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment @DaGoose :relaxed: I have to admit that this has been a challenge but I’m already planning & looking forward to Spring 2019! Once again I will be growing on a tight budget but I’m fairly confident that my goals for next year will be met with the knowledge gained this grow. I’m sure there’s going to be ups and downs again as Mother Nature can be a feisty wench, just like me​:grin:

1 Like

Sassys definitely looking a lot better @SmoknGranny! Was it a ph problem? Happy anniversary dear!!

1 Like

Boo oh my youve got some big pretty girls! I dry in bathtub. Stays nice & dark

1 Like

Thanks! And I stayed with just one clone :rofl: But after looking at your plants I may very well get more adventurous next year :grin: A lot will depend upon how the two photos behind my house do between now and harvest time. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Here’s my Minny @SmoknGranny! She was hit by a truck Saturday. Fortunately only sustained a severe cut on her chest, no broken bones or dislocated joints, she got 6 staples to close the cut back up! Thought I was gonna lose her over the weekend. She couldn’t walk for two days. I’m glad she still with me.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure that was/is part of the problem. I’m also sure that the drastic changes in the weather also contributed as well as a few other things that I have observed. By the end of this season I’ll bring up some of my conclusions, my thoughts on what I should and can change and ask for feedback from folks here. :relaxed:
And thanks. It’s been a great year here and meeting so many great folks :hugs:

1 Like

I agree, couldn’t ask for a better online community to be a part of IMO! Love it!

5 Likes

Glad she’s doing ok @SmoknGranny

2 Likes