SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

yea you be sneaky lol

1 Like

Cute :clap:t2:
Luckily, I have seen very few and far between sneaky snakes on this property and none poisonous. I worry more about @FloridaSon & other southern growers. I don’t miss the rattlers !!! Or the coral snakes :snake:!!!
I have to use a pointed walking stick to go down & into the woods btw & won’t go if it’s wet. “HELP! I’ve fallen & can’t get up … but the plants :seedling: are okay!” :rofl:

4 Likes

@SmoknGranny the sad part is i have a pile of feed about 100 yrds from my spot to keep them out and my dogs run around by my grow lol brave turkey

1 Like

i look everytime i open the shed door!!!
i’m not so worried about one getting into my grow,but i’ve had to sho a king snake out onced…lol
heartattack!

3 Likes

Nice to have you visit @GetbackJoJo :hugs: I live rural on 11 acres. It’s three sides of woods with a deep ravine and farm land on the fourth side. I used to walk the woods several times every month as weather permitted so I had a few places in mind while planning this.

14 Likes

Between the turkeys, deer, raccoons and possums & not to mention rabbits and squirrels, it will be interesting :+1: Once I get the chicken wire cages up I’m going to hang some moth ball bags on them. It’s worth a try :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

A Lady never tells all her secrets until the time is right!

5 Likes

@SmoknGranny I’ve been working fixing my truck to verify it’ll be solid for the 3K plus trip. Some things are additional, but mostly maintenance oriented. We might leave later than planned, but still have to be ready. Sometimes the tourists fill the ferry to capacity. We’ll just wait for the next one.
I’ll miss the scenery for sure. MI has some great views, but usually with more people in the view…

3 Likes

LOL :joy: I had a young setter years ago back in Missouri. I had cut him loose after a good training session in the field thinking he would head to the pond we had while I picked up my training traps, etc. I headed down to the pond after a bit to get Willy and NO Willy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I whistled NO Willy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: So I hop back on my atv and head down my driveway thinking he had taken off only to see him struggling up the hill dragging the neighbors pet Turkey :turkey: Willy was so proud dragging that darn turkey to me saying “Look at this giant pheasant Mom!” No way that I could scold him :blush:
Called the neighbor. No problem. It wasn’t the first or the last time his pets got loose :grin:

7 Likes

Ran across a coral snake last weekend. Out tending my ladies. The joys of Florida lol

12 Likes

I will be watching too. This sounds like it will be an interesting journey. :grin:

1 Like

Totally understand that!!! That’s about as bad as a corn snake falling out of a tree I was mowing around in Florida. Dang thing fell on my lap. I went one way and the Snapper went the other way :rofl: Had no idea where the snake went as I had to chase down my mower!

7 Likes

I have read that and hopefully you get all the stuff to make it a safe trip :crossed_fingers: and that you get moved during good weather. I’m proud of you for putting your family first :hugs: and down the road maybe you can return to Alaska.

4 Likes

Please be careful!!! Their neurotoxic venom is nasty :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Welcome and happy to have you join in :hugs: I’m going to try to share what I learn and learn even more by doing.

2 Likes

Well it’s gusty and rain is heading in so I put the girls back to bed. I think they liked the fresh air and sunshine :sun_with_face:

I have no plans to top, lst or anything else with these gals. After all they are hermied seeds & no sense pushing my luck. I’m just hoping that they are both girly girls :grin:

Thanks for visiting!

“Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them. - A.A. Milne”

9 Likes

That is awesome! Glad I was able to inspire.

Well the roof isn’t leaking but does have fair amount of moss all over it. Have to get up there and check a little more. I plan to spray the area down with bleach and then paint. The shed is full of stuff other then just the grow room. So now the weather seems to have turned I be able to get a bunch more done.

2 Likes

You be careful checking on top of that roof. I dang near slipped on some moss when I was double checking on my grow sites in the woods yesterday.
:hugs:

2 Likes

Woo Hoo! @SmoknGranny. So excited to see this and love the title! I have faith your girls will do great. Set to watching. ~ AB

3 Likes

Yah!! Nice start @SmoknGranny I’ve set to watching :sunglasses:

2 Likes