SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

You really want a giggle? I have a metal barrel and some boards. Think “teeter totter “. :blush:

2 Likes

I figured as much. Think you can make it work?

Possibly. I’ll measure the height of the barrel and the lip of the truck and see if it’s close. I’m stubborn as a mule sometimes and when I set my mind to a problem I usually can find a way to accomplish it. Heck. Push come to shove is more than a saying :joy:

1 Like

Aint that the truth and if nothing else use a bored like a ramp and slowly pull her up. Or you could try tying the sled to your dog if its big enough to pull it and walk the dog back slowly

1 Like

@Josh1126 Poor old Moose is in worse shape than me and I’d be picking him up if I tried that :blush: I have used my sled to move bags of soil, salt, and groceries from the driveway to the door. Never turned over the groceries but I have turned over the other stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Go get em girl!

1 Like

@dbrn32 Tomorrow :+1: I’m enjoying my buzz :blush:

Ya, definitely do that first!

1 Like

Deffinately enjoy that

1 Like

You need a tractor. Hydraulic powered loader and A small one with a bucket would do the trick. :smirk:

Though I bet a few episodes of MacGyver and we could rig something. Do you have two lifts? The type you could lift a car to change a tire on the side of a road?

1 Like

:rofl: If I had a tractor with a lift bucket this would have been taken care of the first day of my stoned stupidity! With my luck though that tractor would probably break down also :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
As soon as I can get some coffee in me I’ll see what MacGyver tricks I can come up with. :crossed_fingers:If the sterlite plastic tote wasn’t so flimsy I would tie a rope around it and just haul it that way. Ah heck, maybe that will work if I take it slow and easy :thinking:

3 Likes

Just take it easy if you pull it. I carry 1-2 at a time and always worried about trees and such around me that can collide with each plant while in transit. Also watch out for bumpy surfaces while dragging, easy to bump up and tip the container and or snap the trunk.

1 Like

Exactly :+1: that’s why I’m sooo hesitant about moving her. Worse case scenarios are what I try to determine and prepare for. This property is full of ruts and dips.
My mechanic just came and picked up the tractor and the push mower. He’s swamped at the garage with autos but he made me a priority this morning :blush: Guess I better cook or bake some goodies for him :blush:

If I can get Sassy as far as the garden she may end up there. It’s more open to view but the tomato plants may help hide her for a little while. I’ll think about it as I drive to town shortly.
I really can’t express my love for all of you for your suggestions and support :hugs::hugs::heart::heart::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Cars, right? He’s not growing autos in the garage?

2 Likes

Yes :grin: cars :oncoming_automobile: trucks, big farm tractors, etc. He’s a one man show and can work on about anything. He is sometimes too honest but he’ll give you options about repairs and costs.

I just sat down, icing my back, and still have soil and a push mower to unload :worried:
Good news is that my Afghan auto seed has a tap root and will be potted shortly :grin:

7 Likes

Strong Southern Girl! Hard to keep’m down!!!

6 Likes

Just reading her post makes me feel old. Nothing seems to keep her down very long :grin:

4 Likes

Well … the mind is willing but the body isn’t. Unloaded the new push mower :worried: so soil and the Afghan seed will have to wait. Back on the ice pack.
Crap. I hope I have some oil for that mower :thinking:

3 Likes

Sorry @Not2SureYet I didn’t mean to make you feel old :hugs: I’m still fighting just the idea of being older and not aging gracefully. But I try to get up and going as it’s better than being fertilizer. :rofl: At least here I can usually get not just growing tips but the emotional support, laughs, music, arts, & “family” to inspire and amuse me & that’s something many here have in common.

7 Likes

Morning update.
Sassy is filling out nicely but still on the driveway. Pics later weather permitting.
Afghan auto planted and under dome & lights into 3 gallon bag. I’m already seeing that this is awkward in my situation with the indoor greenhouse. I’ll give this seed a few days to see if it sprouts above the ground but will probably do the next one differently. Either smaller beginner pot or rapid rooter on heating pad.

Unknown photo may have been over watered and drowned thanks to Rosie bumping me “I wanna see” :grin: I’ll see if she sprouts before I try one last photo seed.
Kinda boring update but it’s all I have for the moment :blush:
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by :hugs:

2 Likes