SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

Does it start fine and then stall after running fine for short time?

1 Like

Yes and worse on going up hill. I’m going to pick up some gas tomorrow if I can leave hubby long enough. He’s having some bad days right now. My mechanic is swamped today but I will talk to him in the morning.
I’m also having problems with trespassers (stealing my morels) so it’s probably a good thing that my first two girls didn’t get planted in the woods. Hubby saw someone walking across the property this morning and thought it was my neighbor but it wasn’t her. I just reloaded my shotgun as I’m :triumph: Now I’m looking for a white truck, 2 women and a man who was spotted by my east side neighbors.

4 Likes

Raise hell young lady!

For the mower, check to see the vent on gas cap isn’t blocked any. Been burned more than once by something like that.

Okay. I will check it when I go back out to the garage. :+1: Worse case is hopefully bad gas and I’ll have to figure out how to drain the tank. Another “first” thing for me to learn :grin:

1 Like

If that’s the case, usually can locate fuel line between tank and carburetor. Depending on which is easier to get to, just try to remove clamp and pull line off. Then drain into container.

May wanna hold off on that joint til afterwards though :wink:

1 Like

My south neighbor, the one who tilled my garden, was just here and showed me how to drain it but she thinks it’s the carburetor not the gas. Wants me to pick up some sea foam treatment and see if that helps. Then she got my walk behind Weed wacker going. And then we both broke a frozen cable on the push mower :rofl: Now she is looking for mushrooms and signs of where my trespassers have been coming in. Lordy, it’s been a long day and I’ve yet to have a bowl and I really need one right about now :blush:
And please rest assured that I will never smoke around gas! I’m sooo afraid of fire that I won’t even light up my trash barrels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Thanks again for the help and advice :heart:

4 Likes

Long day for sure. Enjoy your bowl! Just finished a bowl of white widow yum

1 Like

I do! I use a little peroxide in water and when tap root forms into soil they go.

2 Likes

Do you put a dome on them outside or just mist the soil as needed? Or do I still need to put them under my lights first? I’ll have to take a shelf out of my indoor greenhouse if that’s the case. Thanks :hugs:

1 Like

I would start them under lights first then harden them off outside. A dome for sure. Too many chances for injury outside with expensive seeds.

4 Likes

Ok. I’ll get my indoor greenhouse set up and adjusted for both pots after I get some coffee in me :+1: thanks again :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m stuck at home today as hubby is going through the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde mode :worried: Hopefully, I can get out tomorrow to get the sea foam for the lawn tractor and that it fixes my carburetor.
I have two pots in the indoor greenhouse and it’s going to be a PITA for getting the 3 gallon pot in and out.

I left about 4-5 inches available in the 3 gallon for adding more soil if needed once the Afghan auto seedling takes off. And I will add some more wood scraps to raise the? Photo pot. Now I’m just waiting for my alarm to go off to check the seeds :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hopefully he’s doing better soon!

1 Like

Thanks. It comes and goes in spurts. The critters and I have gotten pretty good in dodging bullets :worried: And it’s not as bad as when the idiot psych in Kansas had him on Adderall. That’s the only plus since we lost health insurance.
How is the baby today? I hope you got some rest last night.

I’m sure it’s trying, but hang in there. She’s doing a little better, slept s little better too. I took first shift and mom took the second. They were both on couch asleep when I left for work this morning. Exchanged a few texts since and seems better than before. Thanks for asking!

5 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement re hubby. I cope the best I can but it wears me out sometimes.
Something I did when my nephew was small and the first baby that I ever took care of was blowing up balloons and taping them to the wall by his bed. Even when he was sick he’d watch those balloons moving by the fan and they would lull him to sleep. At 13 it was the best I could come up with and NO experience with babies but it worked :grin:

4 Likes

Checked seeds. Photo has a small tap showing. Nothing with the auto. Reset my alarm for another 24 hours.

3 Likes

I think she’s scared of balloons lol, but that’s an awesome tip. I’ll have to feel her out a little on them.

2 Likes

Is it the balloons or when they pop? I’m staring at a bouquet of peacock feathers and wondering how to make a mobile with those & fishing line :thinking: See what happens when I try to distract myself from hubby and smoking a bowl :rofl:

The balloons haha. I know it’s probably difficult to grasp, but she freaked out at balloon bouquet my sister got her for bday. It was several balloons though, so maybe 1or 2 not a big deal.

1 Like