SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

That list sounds so much better than any miracle grow product. That shouldn’t even be mentioned, because it’s not even a comparison.
The only think I would say is if you’re going to add water anyways, mix the humic acid and azomite in the water, then spray it on. (Or dump) that should give a better uniformity of distribution.
Now that I have a list of materials, I might try my hand at this, for an outdoor guerrilla grow with an autoflower. (Remember I’m moving and won’t have any, so it needs to finish FAST)

6 Likes

I usually put about 3 tablespoons of the dolomite lime into a 3 gallon pot. But I’m not sure if some of the other stuff may already be amended with lime. Do not really sure if you should use more or not, but looked a little low compared to everything else.

2 Likes

That’s a good suggestion :+1: and I have the perfect sprayer for it. Thanks!

What do you think about the straight mix versus a lite mix for the autos?

The Fertllome has some lime if I remember correctly. Also, my water here has a bit of lime in it. I did buy a chlorine water filter for my outside tap but I believe that’s all that it will filter. The less I have to carry is better for me. :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll do a little more reading re: adding lime :+1:

1 Like

Like a light mix of nutrients compared to a full mix of nutrients @SmoknGranny?
I’m a firm believer of go big or go home. I say full mix, mostly because autoflowers are unique, and when they’re progressing along, when you see something happening, hormonally they need (that nutrient) yesterday. If it’s ready and available for them, they’ll grow better. Short lifespan equals smaller windows for not screwing up.
(Side note, I’ve never grown an autoflower but I’ve learned a lot from following along in journals)

2 Likes

You’re probably pretty good then. The amount looked low but with additional in mix I would think it’s solid.

2 Likes

The way I understand using the mix is no additional nutrients needed other than some various teas occasionally like Veganic Special Sauce, Super Guano, etc. I guess I’ll go with the full strength mix and see what happens. :grin:

Maybe after @garrigan62 has a chance after watching the races he’ll chime in and verify or correct me. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yep. It has lime in the Fertilome potting mix

2 Likes

Yup she’s a happy camper i would put her in bigger pot but remember bigger the hole bigger the plant for outdoors anyways

1 Like

Thanks @Caosred . I’m hoping that she can hold on for a couple more days for the soil mix to cook a little bit. :crossed_fingers:
I have the greenhouse frame up and zip tied a couple of weak areas plus staked down the bottom. I’ll put the cover on tomorrow and secure it the best I can.

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny
You really don’t need full strength at first just water the plants and maybe every 3rd watering add some tea and or micro’s and you’ll be fine

2 Likes

Just make sure that you put the Blood meal and Bone Meal and the Bloom Bat Guano at the bottom of the pot. That way when your plants start to flower their roots should be right where you want them…

I’ll be watching thumb

8 Likes

Now I’m a little confused about the steps in mixing this up. I’m headed to bed so I’ll come back to this in the morning :blush:

2 Likes

It’s ok Granny, You want all the ingredients that are high in P & K
Closer to the bottom of your mix for the flower phase of your grow.
The top part of your soil will be for the vegg stage of your grow and That’s were you’ll want your N.
Don’t worry you will be fine Granny?

2 Likes

I’m working on my coffee and I haven’t smoked yet … so just how in the heck do I mix this stuff??? Half without the meals & Guano and half with? And if that’s the case then doesn’t it change the proportions? I’m only going to have 6 autos in 3 gallon pots (18 +/- gallons of soil) and one photo in a 20 gallon tote (maybe 18 gallons of soil) , the balance of the soil stored for next Spring. At least that’s what my plan was :worried:
I really thought I had this figured out and pretty sure I have read most if not all your posts on this forum and possibly elsewhere (Booyaa).
I will go back through my notes and bookmarks before I start mixing anything for the next couple of hours.
I’m sorry that I’m not understanding what you are saying :cry:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny what @garrigan62 meant was when you fill your container with soil, you add the bone meal and guano towards the bottom. This is so during veg the high P&K is not being used. As they progress and the roots get longer and deeper, they’ll tap into it when needed during flower. Hope this helps. (I’ve had a couple of cups already) lol

3 Likes

This is driving me crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and it’s a short trip. I “thought” you were supposed to mix ALL the ingredients together for the Super Soil, then put that in the bottom of the container, then add a top layer of just base soil to surround the seedlings all around. Then as the plants grow their roots will grow into the lower level of super soil hopefully at the appropriate stage of growth. During the whole process adding teas as indicated by the plants themselves.
That was my plan and what I thought I had comprehended.
Are we all somewhat saying the same thing, just differently? Or is my brain as addled as I sometimes fear it is?

5 Likes

Ok Boo, you want layers. Bottom part when roots are going there to for the P & K, then top half with N cause in veg thats what they love. So as roots grow shes growing into phases of soil to veg or flower. Do i make any sense?

3 Likes

Exactly :grin: That’s what I was thinking & planning to do was layered soils. Geez! I guess I don’t explain myself very well :joy:

I’m using this and adding some black cow and mushroom compost to make a separate “base soil” for the top layers. I already had it and figured it was good for a base

5 Likes

Thanks @Laurap! You got it now @SmoknGranny go get’em!

3 Likes