SmoknGranny’s Sneaky Gardens

Good morning my dear sweet friends and thanks to ALL of you for your support and caring. It truly means the world to me :hugs:

My baby boy, Moose, was laid to rest yesterday morning with love and compassion with the help of my “chosen” SIL. It was a rough couple of days but Moose was ready to cross the Rainbow Bridge to rejoin with the love of his life, Iggee who passed away this time last summer as well as his last two kennel brothers.
As I sat with Moose cradling his head, I couldn’t stop remembering his love and concern last summer when Iggee and his brothers were going down. All he wanted to do was to comfort them. He would lay down and get as close as he could to each one or bark to tell me they needed something. After each one passed, I took him down to their graves and on our walks he always wanted to pay his respects. This was his habit until he couldn’t walk downhill anymore. In my heart, I know that he’s reunited with his canine family and he’s probably still nipping at their heels keeping them in line :blush:
So, thanks again everyone and I will try to focus my next post more on Topic :hugs:

18 Likes

R.I.P. Moose. I’m glad it’s over. I’m so sorry, @SmoknGranny.

4 Likes

The most eloquent post I have ever seen on this forum.

9 Likes

It’s great to hear that you are ok, and I’m sure all off those great and happy memories are going to be with you always, your a very strong person and I think all off your adopted family here on ILGM can all sense that from you take care Granny and keep going like the GLADIATOR that you are :four_leaf_clover:.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear about Moose. @SmoknGranny

5 Likes

@SmoknGranny my thoughts are with you. I love your perspective and it sounds like you are at peace with Moose’s passing.
Your girls are looking great and it’s nice to see you are so close to harvest.

2 Likes

For your benefit, I can’t wait until we can see regular updates instead of soap opera stuff. Good luck finding normality :slight_smile:

2 Likes

big huggs @SmoknGranny
we miss you!

3 Likes

So sooorry bout moose, been super busy, I’m just catching up. That’s the hardest part of rasing animals, reptiles, or anything with a heartbeat is the letting go part, he will be missed but his memories will never be forgotten. Hope your heart heals fast my friend @SmoknGranny

4 Likes

Good afternoon to all my wonderful & supportive friends :hugs: and thanks again for being here for me. I’m slowly getting back into the swing of things and adjusting to a new daily routine.
Sooo … here’s my update.

Sad Sassy is still alive!

In the past weeks she was watered with limeade, blackstrap molasses, Epsom & some carbonated soda water along with a top dressing of Super Soil. I “think” she’s trying to make her comeback but it may be just wishful thinking on my part :blush: No matter what, her grow has been and is a great learning experience.

Here’s the adjusted lineup from the east garden: Toree, B.B. auto, & Sassy’s clone.

As you can see both photos have been showing signs of deficiencies. They have also received lime, molasses and Epsom & will be top dressed tomorrow.

As far as I can determine I think I have at least another week or two before the B.B. is ready for harvest

And in case you’re wondering, I cut down the sticky and smelly Afghan this morning. She received a H2O2 bath and a shower and is drip drying as I type this. Her main cola is about 14” & is quite dense :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be moving the hanging buds to my drying area probably after this post.

Thanks again to everyone for checking on me and your wonderful words of encouragement :heart:

20 Likes

I’m just now getting caught up on the forum and read the article you brought to my attention. Again, thank you for sharing it :hugs:

3 Likes

Good to hear from you. Everything looks great :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @elheffe702 for stopping by :hugs: & for your compliment. It means a lot to me :heart:

1 Like

@Drillbit How is Minny doing? :hugs:

1 Like

Shes doing great! Fully recovered. Had her staples removed Friday. Thanks for asking @SmoknGranny!

1 Like

That’s great news! Please give her a hug from me :hugs:

1 Like

Will do! Your plants are looking great btw! That Afghan looks delicious!:drooling_face:

1 Like

@Drillbit I’m very happy with the Afghan. I went to weigh her and of course the battery is dead in my scales :cry: But I’ll try to get at least a dry weight once I pick up a new battery Friday :+1:

3 Likes

Cool, keep us posted. I know the feeling! lol I got tired of having dead batteries so I got some rechargeable AA’s and AAA’s. Found a charger that energizer makes that is capable of charging both sizes at the same time. Love it!

2 Likes

It takes a flat 3volt and I will buy 2 this time :grin:

1 Like