Smoking: Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki (Caterpillar Killer)?

Does anyone have any information about the effects of smoking Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki. It’s ok for use on organic plants that people put down their throats. (eat)

But does -anyone- know if it’s ok to heat it and put it down our lungs (smoke it)?

Anything publiished on how long Bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki stays on a plant and/or if it turns into anything else?

The “crystals” that multiply and kill the caterpillar may well not be good for our lungs.

Thanks MUCHO!

1 Like

Wash your plants in peroxide and water when you harvest. If you don’t do that now, you are smoking worse things than that!

3 Likes

Here’s some actual science knowledge fact sheets that you will find interesting, I believe…

Essentialy it say’s no. The crystals will degrade in a 4-5 days window or washed away by rain and return where it come from, soil. When ingest, it’s imperative that it have to have an alkaline solution or/and environnement to dissolved and cool environnement, it will not dissolved in warm blood organismes. Even in inhalation, studies shows no harm effects at normal dosage and after months and years with worker’s who use or make the product.

And heat at vaping or smoke temps will destroy them (375° farhenheit or +)

If you’re not convice, just wash your plant material and “voilà”, no more Bt-k :wink:

Hoping that’s gone a help you @Hoyt, please feel free to tag me if you have further questions :grinning:

~Al :innocent: :v:

And I agree with @Myfriendis410 :wink::grinning: If you smoke cannabis with a lighter or a torch ( combustion) you’ll inhale tar, aromatic fumes and thousand of cancer known induce capable substances …

7 Likes

Thank you, my friends.
Great information and suggestions. Thanks for the study paper. And I never considered washing at harvest but it makes sense and it sounds appropriate if two of you are suggesting it. I’ll look into that process on this site.

I feel cared for. Thanks.

-R.

1 Like

Jorge Cervantes has a video on YouTube that covers washing buds. I did it on my last harvest and it was simply repugnant what came off of the plant. It seems that powdery mildew is endemic and I for one don’t wish to smoke it.

1 Like