Smokeblokes' Blueberry Project

I’ll bring you up to speed. Planted December 3 2020. ILGM Feminized Blueberry. This will be my 3rd go since my first successful grow. Although my last grow yielded a couple Z’s. I’ve been hesitant to call it a success because she was riddled with mistakes. This one is a few days shy of 8 weeks old.

12/3/20 Bella Sprouted!

12/9/20 Second set of leaves

12/20/20 Good development

12/30/20 Transplanted into five gallon pot.

1/14/21 topped!
Before:

After:

Here’s a pic from two days ago.

…And just a few mins ago.

Now you’re up to speed with my grow!
@Fergus @Dman1969

This is the healthiest one yet!

6 Likes

That’s gonna be a sweet girl!! :+1::sunglasses::v:

Please make sure you got a lot of holes drilled in that bucket! All up the sides too. :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Oh she’s draining. I have eight 1/2" holes in the bottom of that bucket. Soil dries up in a couple days. I’m giving her a litre of water @ a time with Jack’s General Purpose 20-20-20 mixed at half strength. If I check the soil and it’s dry, I water the following day. A tip I picked up from @Cannabian. She seems to be thriving. I’m loving this grow!

2 Likes

The holes are not only for drainage. The soil becomes more compact every time you water and as the plant grows. It may help getting some much needed oxygen to the roots.

3 Likes

Exactly now I use fanfic pots. :wink::sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

I suppose I could pop a few small air holes up the sides. Thanks for the tip. If they’re for air, I’m gonna guess they don’t need to be a half inch in diameter. Couple 1/4 inch holes should do it.

1 Like

My last grow was a blueberry and I’m smoking it now. You will enjoy the blueberry.

1 Like

My last grow was also Blueberry. Lot of mistakes. And I harvested a touch too early. I was in the harvest window, it was frosty but I needed to let it mature a little more. Tastes good. This one I’ll be a little more patient with.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what size works best. I now use fabric pots. For me at least, it is much easier to gauge how moist the soil is. I used hard plastic pots the first grow and immediately switched.

3 Likes

I drill a bunch of holes all up and down the sides 1/4 works great and it’s for soil aeration. Plus it helps prevent root rot :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Today Bella is 8 weeks old. She broke ground Dec 3. Planning on letting her mature for three more weeks. Maybe a month. She is sprouting new tips all over the place and I’m truly loving it. Still haven’t drilled air holes but will get that done before flowering for sure. Steady as she grows!

1 Like

Keep in mind any height limitations and the amount of light that can effectively penetrate the plant’s leaf cover.

1 Like

Made a few modifications to my tent on the last grow. I built it myself so was able to do it. I now have a 7-1/2 ft tall tent. 2 x 3. For blueberry, I needed to do the height modification. The last plant grew taller than me in there. But the last one was also vegged under an inadequate light. I topped it wrong. Didn’t have the nutes right. Was still able to get flowers from it. This one is off to a much better start.

I think a plant with a large horizontal exposure to light does better than a tall plant. The exception would be if there is adequate side lighting. Set up a net and start weaving the top growth through the net to fill the space. Then set another net 12" above the first and then flip. Continue to weave the growth through the upper net. Fun to try.

2 Likes

I agree :100:% with @beardless that short n fat beats out tall n skinny even in the moving sunlight I topped almost every plant I grew to help them widen if that’s even a word lol. Just take the Christmas tree shape and flip it upside down without the stump sticking out and that’s what I aim for

2 Likes

She’s in her last days in veg. She is ready. Gonna start her flowering either tomorrow or Thursday. If I wait till Thursday it’ll be 11 weeks since she broke ground. Healthiest one yet!

3 Likes

Looking good !!! :+1::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Day 5 since flip. I see preflowers! Here they come!!

I think it would benefit from a good trim around the bottom, all the stuff hanging down could come off. If you do it just do a little every couple days so not stress it. She’s looking good though :heart_eyes:

1 Like