Smell like hay during dry

Hi guys so I just harvested and hung to dry . I cut the plants down to branches cut of the big fan leaves and hung in tent to dry grow tent is 4x4x7 foot. I have portable air condition outside tent and connected to a duct going to the tent to cool down when needed with a thermostat that is in the grow tent (the duct is pointed down so it doesn’t blow directly on buds at lowest intake point in tent. lowest setting running blowing around 250cfm)and a dehumidifier around 180 cfm and humidifier that works depending what’s needed(lower or raise rh). No outtake fan just a open whole that air goes out when ac goes on. 1 6" issolatin fun always running at low at the bottom of tent not directly on buds to circulate air and air from dehumidifier and humidifier. Now this is my problem if there is one. After 3 days of hanging they smelled grate now at day 6 they smell like hay. I can tell its not dry yet and there is moist left in it branches are bot breaking or small nugs maybe it needs another 2-3 days. My question is is the hay smell normal will it go away eventually? And also is portable ac and dehumidifier to much air flow for grow tent
Please help. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you

Forgot to mentione temperatures and rh. Currently at 65-69F and rh 55-65. Thanks again for any help

Jar curing will eliminate the hay smell so long as the dry cycle isn’t done too quickly.

Is a 7-10 day dry good?? And after that rite in jars or should I do anything else.before that ofcourse trim. But other than that

1 Like

That’s what I shoot for. All of your parameters look great.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply . I was worried maybe sc or dehumidifier was drying bud to quick

A brown paper bag comes in handy if you put them in the jar and the rh is too high. Let them chill in the paper bag for a few hours