Smart timers or old school timers

hello. Does anyone use smart plugs or power strips for their rooms? Or the old school timers?

1 Like

I use many power strips but I use the old school analog timer they handle any power losses better than a digital that needs to be reprogrammed after each power loss. I do have a digital timer but I never opened it.

1 Like

Agreed as an electrician them Digital timers need to be reprogrammed after each power loss they don’t have a battery back up

1 Like

I have both , my digital one has a backup battery

2 Likes

I use same as above. Inbetween grows it sits unplugged and holds the program due to battery backup.

1 Like

I use that kind. Make sure you cover the little light above the clock or you’ll have light in your room during dark period. Vivosun carries that exact timer, the light above the clock doesn’t come on. I still cover it though. The one from the company in the picture above does.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G95FFN3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share . Hopefully it works well enough.

1 Like

Thank you ,I keep the timers outside of the tent

2 Likes

I use both, and my digital timers have battery backup and don’t need to be reprogram after power outage, whereas the manual one needs the time reset.

They both have their uses.

For lights and longer time regular timing the manual ones are easier to use and more reliable.

But if you are using timers for feeding, then you need something that can be programmed in as little as 1 minute intervals with the ability to specify specific days of the week. The Apollo timers I’ve used aren’t designed for battery replacement, and won’t keep their programming even if plugged it.

2 Likes