Smart light mishap

Hello everyone. I currently use a smart plug strip for my tent. I never had an issue before today. I came home and went downstairs to see that the lights were on. This was at 2pm. They shouldn’t have came on until 6 pm. I turned them off immediately. To the best of my knowledge they might have been on since 6pm the day prior. Will this cause them to start to re-veg? Or hermie? Any input would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hopefully they will be ok. I left my lights on in late flower for 3 days before i caught it. My first grow. Good luck.

2 Likes

Not a very smart switch, IMO
Dial timer outlet type?
Mine are replaced with digital timers, too many clocks for power outs and not all dials take the same time to cycle. Solution Bluetooth digital control with memory for power-outs. Twice, I found dials not performing up to expected. Outlet controllers can do the magic for us.

4 Likes

Forgot and forgot to mention, Last software upgrade, screwed my settings, again.

2 Likes

In my experience they should be just fine unless it was a long term thing. I mean what are ya gonna do toss the whole grow? I wound ride it out and maybe pay a bit more attention than usual for herms down the line

It’s not a dial timer. Its a smart 6 plug power strip by Kasa. Its the first issue that i know of in about 2 years of using it. I think it might have been a software upgrade that did it.

You’ll need to keep a much closer watch on that timer so that this doesn’t reoccur again. Maybe the timer failed. Be prepared to work the lights manually if so until you get a replacement.

1 Like

I use the govee Bluetooth hygrometers. The beauty of them is it stores the information for temp and rh. By doing this you can see the temp spike at lights on and off. Good way to make sure system is running properly

1 Like

Do you have any other monitors (temp/humidity) that might better tell you how long they were on?

One instance should not cause any re-vegging, but I would keep a close eye out for herming.

1 Like

I have the pulse pro monitor. The app isn’t that great. It would appear that it was on for about 5 hours.

1 Like

I would think you’re going to be OK.