Smaller bud sites turning brown/crispy

Hello all.
encountering a problem i havnt see before

As you can see, the tops of the branches are forming nice clusters of pistils. Where as almost everything below the top bud on each branch never matured. Instead, it turned brown and crispy. They crumble to the touch.
This is systemic through the plant, while becoming less severe towrds the top.

Vipaspectra 300w led
FFOF Soil
2 1/2g fabric pots
FF Trio at half strength for nutes
IlGM Norther Lights Auto
Plant is 3 weeks into flower.

Ppm is at 1200 for her runoff
PH at 6.2

Im guessing this is a deficiency issue?
Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this as well, any help is appreciated.

The smaller girl next to her is foing great though!

3 Likes

I got no explanation for this. But maybe someone with more experience will have a better answer.
@MattyBear @Myfriendis410

1 Like

That is strange that all the lower growth is dead and crispy. I am betting on a root issue of some sort, but that’s just my best guess considering the info you provided

3 Likes

She is a rather large plant. Close to 3 ft tall. Possible her roots are cramped in the small pot? Not sure if that would cause this. To go in nto more detail, these branches mostly affected arent getting the best light penetration. Maybe thats why the tops are okay? Maybe even just a bad pheno.
Im at a loss honestly

2 Likes

Could be, but they don’t appear to be blocked by light from what I see

2 Likes

I would have thought that root issues typically attack the top of the plant first, then the entire plant. Im wondering if this may be a genetic mutation, not unlike growing bud on leaves or leaves out of leaves? Perhaps a virus?

Hmmmmmm.

What’s going on here?

Any recent pest issues? Do you have a loupe or scope?

1 Like

@Drinkslinger
Was just gunna say I think you have russet mites
@LangyPang

2 Likes

I looked at theese under my jewelers loop. Cant get a good pic on my phone but appears to just be small parts of the burnt leaves from above. Shooke it around a bit taking the dead stuff off. Never had pest problems before and the other olant is in the same tent. Dont see any on her.

1 Like

They definently arent alive and dont have the structure of an insect at all.

1 Like