Small White Widow Closet Grow with CFL

Not sure that the CFL lights are enough for me on the ladies. I have almost 200 actual watts of CFL and they are growing but very slow. A lot of leaves on the bottom are dying off. I checked the pH of the runoff and it was a tiny bit high at 6.45 so I gave them a flush and when done it was coming out at 6.1. Waited two days and started 5ml of Micro (5-1-1) and 5 ml of 0-0-22 along with 3ml of Cal/Mag in a gallon, pH 6.1 in a gallon. They seemed to perk up a little but still are not as green as I would like. They do have flowers now that are growing slowly. I have 4 colas on one and 6 on the other. Not sure what happened to the other two on the one with 6, I topped it twice?? Decided to get a 300 watt LED on E-bay for $69 delivered. Some really good prices on LED’s now. Just waiting for it to come.

Ya’ll take care

Jerry

1 Like

Took a peek at the ladies tonight before their bed time (don’t worry, they were dressed lol) and they seem to have reacted pretty well to the nutes I fed them (thanks Latewood for the early advise). They are greening up pretty well and look a lot more healthy. The Duce-Duce (0-0-22) seems to be doing the trick.

Catch ya’ll later

Jerry

Latewood, MacG HAVING PROBLEMS WITH LEAVES ! pH on drain water 6.1, pH water @ 6.0 - 6.2 every 2-3 days as needed, when pot is very light, feeding (Micro 5-1-1 and 0-0-22) every third watering. Leaf tips with no burn. Have not seen this before. No bugs in the grow box, temp 78-80 days, 75 nights. HELP ! Looks like Manganese problem from my research but not sure. Pics below. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. My LED coming in a few days and I want to get them healthy !

OK, pH in soil or soil-less should be closer to 6.5, run-off should be about 6.3. A pure coco/perlite or maybe pure peat/perlite can be 6.3 with maybe a run off a little lower

Normally a pH of 6.0 in soil-less won’t necessarily cause problems. But if everything else is correct, the right amount of nutrients mixed in your nutrient system, the low pH is the only thing I see as likely the main cause of the problem.

~MacG

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving to my ladies patiently growing in my grow box. Their Thanksgiving (or Christmas) present came yesterday, a new LED 300 watts (132 actual) and they are now out of the CFL mode and into the LED ! Will see what happens now.

Ya’ll have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jerry

Day 71 from germination Flowering day 33. Picture update.

My ladies are seeming to do better and are flowering and growing buds. With small pots (under one gallon) I believe that they are just about done. The LED seems to have helped as far as maturing the buds. I was hoping to be able to leave them for another three weeks but am going to have a house full of relatives this Christmas and cannot keep it growing. Going to have to harvest in a week of so and get the grow shut down. Can’t seem to catch a break on growing. At least I will get a little for the Christmas Holiday.

Looking at this grow, I think I got about what I expected out of them. I didn’t expect a big yield and am not disappointed with it so far. I was spoiled using the LED the last grow and believe that LED is the way to grow for good weed. The CFL seemed to be doing OK but the LED seems to have made a big difference since I started using it. I have attached a few pictures from this morning. Will keep in touch.

Ya’ll take care

Jerry

1 Like

Which model Led , and have you considered 10/14 to get them icy , like you spilled a 5 lb bag of sugar on them . I’ll post a photo of my haze and I just put it in the dark for 72 hours and the resin production have quadrupled , which might be ah little over exaggerated , but it definitely starting to go in safe mode . I did water her last night when she woke up , but that was the final flush . I’m really amaze at the production from yesterday to today , and has another two days to go , and the pot still fills like it has a little wieght to it , so it’s still have enough to drink for another day . But check my thread I’ll post the picture there , but looking at your flowers you started those from clones look like ? They look great for a small grow .

That’s exactly what I switched to last to last night. They may have to say for another week. So be it what ever and how ever it takes I want AMBER!! And lots of it…lol

Will

garrigan62 did you see my latest pics , it’s quite of bit of Amber , but I’m wanting to see if the 72 hour dark period will help more are remain the same .

Yes I did, and I could see some Amber. I’m doing 10/14 now. If I don’t see amber by Sundy then they stay another week and i’ll even go to 9/13 then on Wensday i’ll just turn the lights off for 72 he’s them hopefully they’ll be ready.
Ohio…I startedf 35 bag seeds this morning. These I’m going to let grow untouched, unless they get to tall. Then they will get a hair cut…lol

Will

If you scrogged that many , brother you will have a massive yield on your hands , and as you know how much is forth coming . Garrigan62 did you like the results from advance trio grow micro and bloom ?

Day 71, Flowering day 34.
Yoshi, My LED is the MarsHydro 300watt (132 actual). I got it for $69 on E-bay and it seems to be working well. I considered doing the light decrease. Did you start at 11 1/2 then 11 . . . down to 10/14 or just go there? I am flushing them today or tomorrow and then decreasing the light. How long did you keep them on decreased light before going to no light? I am going to have a small yield due to having to stop them early but can’t be helped.

I am going to do an Auto grow of a White Widow from Robert. I had trouble with the auto blueberry but am gong to give it another try in Jan as soon as my family leaves from the Christmas/New Years gathering. I am going to use a squat 2 gallon bucket that should give me plenty of room for the Auto to grow and with only one plant in the box, it should have plenty of room to spread out. It is shipped in a peat pellet and all you do is add water. I saw in some instructions on peat pellets to leave them in only water until 4-6 actual families of leaves are on the stalk and them put it into soil. Not sure, am going to research more. Have any input on using the peat pellets? Asked Claire and all she said was to put it into water but nothing on when to place in soil.

Later
Jerry

@TxGrowman

4-6 sets of leaves is the same as 4-6 sets of nodes with accompanying sets of full adult leaves. This is pretty standard for any seed or seedling, no nutrients need be added until the plant has a well developed root zone, as indicated by the above ground growth. I usually say 3-5 sets, but the point and reasoning is the same.

~MacG

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, I was pretty sure but now am going to do it. Since it is Auto, should I put it in soil before the 3-5 nodes or wait and just water in a container until they develop? Auto’s are a different animal and I didn’t do well last time out with the blueberry and wasted 5 seeds.
Jerry

With more than 3 sets of true leaves you should be able to start mild nutrients, and yes you probably want the peat plug on top of soil so the roots can develop into said soil.

~MacG

1 Like

Now that would be awesome…
And yes I like there products and plain on buying more and different sets like you have.

Will

What I did when my seedling auto’s were coming up in they youth , I mixed 2.5 ml of ILGM grow , with 2.5 ml of B-1 super thrive red and green , with 2.5 ml of cal mag in a one liter bottle and ph it to 5.8-6.0 , and I poured some of that mix into a 1 ounce spray bottle and spray a circle about the size of a soft ball around the stalk , stem until soil was moist for at least 2 weeks , than after that I followed same schedule water , water , feed with that one once sprayer until plant stalled , which lets you know it’s producing roots underneath , than I started with a full liter of water to water , and between each watering I pour just enough in the drip pan to see how long it took the plant to absorb it , once the plant showed me it was drawing water from the bottom , I started with half gallon for a week , than a full gallon . You can see my auto haze in my thread "first time growing auto blueberry and amnesia haze " that I growed just in the last 8 weeks with ILGM booster nutrients and advance hobbyist additives , and I’m guessing it’s about 2 ounces are more , buds are very densed and super covered in resin , but I’ll know how much exactly after it dries .

1 Like

Wait after the 3-4 set of leaves , I didn’t write that in my response , but after 3-4 set of leaves is when I did what my top comment stated .

1 Like

If you don’t train them white widows and give them all the right steroids , they going to grow out of that box . In my experience I even tried using a smaller 1 gallon pot , and even though it was root bounded , it stretched into my lights past 36 inches .

Had to take my grow out due to family problems during the holidays. Some are not cool with even MMJ. To each his own. Got it pulled and drying. It is drying slower than normal as I didn’t have time to starve the plants before the before harvest. Going to be a small harvest but I might get an ounce. I’ll be happy with that. I am going to check it out tonight and see how dry it is. Hope soon I can start curing soon, easier to control once it is in jars ! !

Ya’ll take care, Jerry