Small Grow Timer Recommendations?

Hello! I’ve searched for recommended timers and haven’t had much luck. I have seen lots of people just use basic mechanical timers and I’m wondering if there’s anything out there that really makes it simple to follow the lighting schedule for a small 2 plant grow. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I use the standard mechanical timers. They’re a pain to use but they seem fairly reliable. I’ve read where power outages will reset the electronic ones.

2 Likes

I’m with @SilentHippie. We have a lot of power outages where I live. Mechanical is the way to go for me.

2 Likes

@TALKINTOBOB If theyre not too pricey where u are u could just buy 2 mechanical timers and set 1 up for veg 18/6 and the 2nd on 12/12 for flower just swap them out when ur ready to flower hope this helps ive bought digital timers before and havent figured out how to program them so i stick with the simple mechanical ones

2 Likes

Thanks team, mechanical it is!

I like my generic digital one from menards. It was only 9$ and I have had it for a year with no problems. Mine actually have a charge cell so if the power does go out I still have a 24hrs life so I have never had to reset my timers

4 Likes

. This is a really nice one with timer and constantly on and timed, 4 outlets each, was around 25 bucks online

3 Likes

Walmart…$5

1 Like

I have been using these @TALKINTOBOB.

I use one to power cooling and another for LED lights. Light shut off and a minute later the cooling shuts down. They work great and remember settings when unplugged. so you can move things around. 15Amp capacity which is the norm.

2 Likes

I travel for work, so I use smart switches:

If there is a power outage I’ll know from wherever I am and can alert my wife.

2 Likes

Ended up going with this little baby for now. Thanks for all the feedback!

1 Like