Slurry test help

Probably a stupid question but how do I do a slurry test? My run off ph is 5.8 in ffof and some have suggested I do a slurry test. I haven’t seen any progress on my buds In the past few days so I’m starting to think I may have a problem

1 Like

Dig up a little soil a few inches under the surface, enough for a spoonful or so, add enough distilled or RO water to make a soup from it, test the ph of it. A runoff of 5.8 is not bad though.

3 Likes

Oh I read the same and thought it was too simple and straight forward, thought there were other steps lol my ph going in is 6.5 and run off is 5.8 and ppm is 1600-1800. Growth seemed to have slowed down a lot. It’s day 57 from when I planted seeds and never did a flush. I’m wondering if that’ll help. Not sure how many weeks I’m into flower. I have started to add cal mag the past 3 waterings and leafs haven’t got worse.

2 Likes

Yeah looks like you had a calmag issue but seems to not be progressing as you took care of that,

1 Like

It’s my first grow so seeing it not grow much gets me nervous because everyday id open my tent and notice more growth and I haven’t in the past few days. Do u recommend I do anything or is it normal? Maybe I’m being impatient? I don’t know what to expect lol

1 Like

It’s normal at that stage, they grow all those white hair buds then they sit there for a while then the buds start to mature and the hairs will start withering and turning red/brown and then the calyx’s start swelling up. Looks fine, wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. I appreciate it :+1:t3:

1 Like

Is it an auto or photo?
Strain?

1 Like

Both are northern lights autos

As Hellraiser said, calmag issue, I have the same thing, and on my first grow too!

2 Likes

Autos generally start flowering 20-30 days. Then go into stretch / growth period. Then switch energy to flower production. You may be in the change over to flower where vegetative growth basically stops… Are they receiving phosphorous and potassium to support flower? Most flower weight is put on in the end.

1 Like

Ah I see. I’m giving them ff tiger, bloom and cal mag

Big bloom has calcium in it…just FYI.

2 Likes

I use FF Trio. Big Bloom is not high in the 3 main nutrients but provides a lot of good micro-nutrients. That is why is listed for all phases of growth. Plus, it is hard to over dose Big Bloom. If I recall correctly, it is fairly neutral so it does not have a significant PH impact but increases TDS.
I also grow in FFOF. It is blended to be neutral. Your PH out numbers therefore look low. You can mix in a little dolomite lime (2-3 tbs) in the top inch of soil. It buffers PH and should help as you move through flower. Also it is good practice to add some to the bag in the beginning.
You may have to reapply in a couple of weeks

Thank you. I’m ordering dolomite lime now. I haven’t used any grow big. Should I add that in with the big bloom and tiger? My ppm was at 1800ish a few days ago

Yes I saw but wasn’t helping with my cal problem until I started adding 5ml of cal mag into my watering schedule. That’s when it stopped spreading. I’ve been adding 5ml ever since :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

What are you growing?

1 Like

Photos of AK, WW and BG. The AK was the one with calcium issue. She is in the far left back. I follow Hellraiser grow method to the T. Am a week behind him in veg stage

1 Like