Slow seedling hrowth

I am 1st time grower, just started Afghan and Durban Poison feminized. 100% germination and sprouting. Seedlings in dung pots with pH neutral soil 55% humidity, soil moisture is good, temp ranges in mid, upper 80’s or low 90’s. Fluorescent grow light puts out some heat , 1000 lumens at plant level 18 hours/day. Watering with Bergman’s seedling fertilizer. They simply aren’t growing but no signs of stress either
How fast should they grow?

1 Like

Welcome aboard. How long in? A pic is valuable also. If look healthy probably are. Growing roots. Can vary in time a ton.

3 Likes

If they are otherwise healthy, then they are building their root systems. And how much of that they do depends a lot of factors. Be patient, they’ll start growing. I don’t measure lumens, but rather DLI which is a measure of light over time. Seedlings want a DLI of around 15:

9 Likes

Pictures are nice really helps but yeah not much growth on the top when they 1st start they are growing roots right now after a week or so you will start seeing growth above ground

3 Likes

DLI is the universal light language, good link @newt :smile_cat:

If you learn something please give the post a like

4 Likes

Upper 80s and lower 90s is to hot as others said pictures

1 Like

These sprouted on 1/22, 8 weeks ago. Top inch of soil dried between waterings. I took them out of the plastic bowl just now and find that all the (dung) pots are wet in bottom 2/3s. What is best way to dry soil?
Just curious and not doubting you but in the '60s and '70s all the best pot came from hot spots…Jamaica, Mexico, Vietnam. It seems odd that 90 degrees is too much for them.

Steve

I had to start over. This time I placed germinated seeds in small pots for sprouting, they took off like weeds. They got too tall for my grow lights so I moved them into the greenhouse and the very first night something pulled all but 2 of them out by the roots, only ate a single pair of the 1st fan leaves from 1 plant. What would do that?

If it happened at night… Best guess… Raccoon.