Slow growth white widow indoor

Ok so I have white widow auto flowering seeds growing indoor. I had a sever issue with seeds germinating and have 8 that did germinate and sprout. This is after ilgm replaced seeds 3 times so 60 seeds only 8 and maybe one more have sprouted!! These are 5 weeks old from when sprouted

I used spoil starter at first and transplanted then to pots in ocean forest fox farm soil. Started last Saturday with fox farm nnutrients only on Saturdays. I was just spraying them with water up until last week not water along sides of part and as needed. Seem to be growing slowly what am I doi g wrong
I moved light up to 1000 it is hps and down to 24 inches. I am on 18/6 schedule

1 Like

You don’t need to feed at all them for about 6 weeks. Ocean Forest is already really hot.

3 Likes

Do they seem like they are growing too slow? I did lower the light to 2 feet today and increased to 1000 watts today

They don’t look nute burned (yet,) but if you keep feeding them they probably will be. Without further information I am going to guess they are stunted a bit because you are feeding them in what is already very hot soil.

I can’t comment on HPS. I grow with LED. It’s unlikely that the light is hurting them, or you would see the symptoms on the leaves. @Hellraiser knows HPS. Let’s ask him to help with where your HPS should be at this point.

Support ticket information will also be helpful.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
• Indoor or Outdoor
• Light system
• Temps; Day, Night
• Humidity; Day, Night
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
• Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Autos don’t grow like you want them to and stop using any nutrients. If that is brand new FFOF soil, you wont need any nutrients for around 6 weeks.

@MidwestGuy You beat me to the punch.

5 Likes

Always good to reinforce the message.

3 Likes

I had a feeling I wasnt supposed to use nutrients yet!!! I will stop. Luckily I only lightly used them in a spray water mixture last Saturday and yesterday. Only watering around edges. And making sure soil dry before watering. And I was reading slow growth topics while I was waiting for answers and looks like could be roots establishing themselves than I will see growth.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser He brags the HPS lights up a lot. So tag you are it. He can give some info.

I personally use two HLG 260xl rspec kits.

1 Like

Perfect.

1 Like

A 1000 watt HPS should be kept 36-48 inches above plants in veg. If that was a 1000w HPS, I’m surprised that your plants aren’t fried up already, but your non-yellow light spectrum certainly does not look like what comes from a HPS light, can we see a picture of your light?

2 Likes

I had it at 650 not sure on how far above I have to double check and I’m not home right now so when I get home I will. I literally had turned it to 1000watts and lowered to 2 feet about 15 mins before turning light off

It’s just that HPS lights are very yellow, your light doesn’t look yellow.

A peek into my 600 watt HPS flowering tent:

2 Likes

I have mhs and hps bulbs mine in it now is mhs u are right should I switch it out for hps? I moved back up to 33 inches and my ballast can be set for 600 750 1000 or super lumens

And your plants look great!

Yeah MH can look like that. At that size though, it’s really a waste of electricity to run so many watts on them, they are not benefitting from it. When my plants are that size (at about 2 weeks old), they are barely moved over to the veg tent and started with 250 watts MH, then moved up to 400, and 600 watts (I change the bulbs though).

MH bulbs really weren’t meant to be dimmed. If you take a 1000 watt MH bulb and run it at 600 watts, the spectrum is greatly changed. What should be a blue/white light (at 1000 watts) turns into a slightly green tinted light at 600 watts. HPS bulbs take dimming much better than MH. Though I have dimmable ballasts, for MH veg use, I keep a 250, a 400, and a 600 watt MH bulb which matches the different settings on my 600 watt dimmable ballast that I use for veg. I change the bulb to match the setting.

So, bad light spectrum could be a part of the problem if running MH bulb at a lower watt setting, also MH bulbs degrade very quickly, replace yearly or even after 6 months of use.

But that still seems like very slow growth for 5 weeks, how do you keep 1000 watts in your tent cool? Whats your ventilation? What are you high/low temps?

2 Likes

Well I had not had it at 1000 watts until today.it was at MHS 600 watts then a few days ago I upped to 750. High is 82 or 85 and low when lights off gets to 60 but if cold put i turn on heater to keep it at 75. I have the ope. Vents I tent with box fan blowing out and small fan hanging from ceiling. What should I do to pro.ote growth?

Besides being transplanted, they usually stall at this point until make some roots. After that happens you’ll see an explosion in growth in the next couple of weeks. Everyone else gave you good advice, so your covered there.

3 Likes

Well should I continue with the mhs light at 33 inches and at what wattage? 600 750 pr 1000 or should o switch to hps and what wattage? Thanks

Depends on what your bulbs are, ideally I would run a 600 watt MH bulb at 600 watts for your lowest possible electrical usage of your ballast and good veg spectrum. If you only have a 1000 watt MH bulb, I’d not run it at reduced wattage, better to run a 1000 watt HPS bulb at 750 watts and keep 3 feet above plants, may promote some growth as well over the MH. You should pick up a true 600 watt MH bulb and run that for vegging in the future, then use 1000 watt HPS for flowering, in a perfect world.

3 Likes

Thankyou! I will do that!!