Slow growth too small

After 3 weeks my plants are VERY small. Growing in coco but i’m thinking my light is not close enough?

1 Like

4 Likes

I guess that would help

1 Like

Give me all the details. I grow in coco and grow monster plants

3 Likes

I’m growing auto flowering white widow in a 4x4 indoor grow room. The light, an LED 400w full spectrum, is hanging approx 3-4 feet about the seedlings. I water every 2-3 days depending on dampness of coco. One plant is approx 3" and very thin, the other is barely above the soil. I just ordered a 1000w full spectrum just in case.

Hanging 3 or 4 feet above the seedling? Sure I do some strange growing techniques but a subpar light should be closer than that.

1 Like

I kinda figured. Still very new this. As for strange growing techniques, I’m sure I start a few by mistake. Obviously not as proficient as you… thx for the response

2 Likes

Can we get more details about your lights? The problem is that amazon and other import sellers love to exaggerate the output of their lights. Calling it a 1000w light when it draws 150w is misleading, and not your fault in any way. On the other hand, if it’s a 1000w HPS lamp, you’re on the right track.

1 Like

It’s a greengro 1200w full spectrum with veg and flower switch

1 Like

The nominal wattage of that light is 248. That’s a draw of 10w per sq ft of canopy, if the manufacturer is to be believed. The best lamps still draw 30w per sq ft of coverage in flower. 50w/sq ft is a safer guideline.

You’ve got 250 watts… Get it to around 24 - 28" to start…

The Mars Hydro TS 1000 would be a better starting point for a number of reasons. And if you can pull together $400 you can buy a whole lot more light.

I guess it depends on your current consumption. How many grams per week do you need, and what does that cost you if you’re buying it?