Slow growing seedlings

@garrigan62 so should I transplant into a bigger pot with just organic soil and the vermiculateir is there anything else you recomend adding? im currently living in Brazil so I dont have acess to same brands of soils I been seeing here on the forum.

@Niala the brand of the soil is “FORTH”… im not sure what the npk % is, doesnt say on the package… but it does say that comes with a ph balanced for flowers plants. i dont know if thats good or bad?

@Hogmaster thanks for the welcome man… I appreciate all the help iam getting already… thanks everyone =)

I would say ya go for it, because that would be much better than what there in. Then when ready you can transplant them into there final grow pot. you can vegg for a pretty long time if you want to. So you’ll be just fine.

Will

I’ll transplant them tonight… I’ll post updates in a couple of days… thanks so far =)

1 Like

I’ll be here if you need me for any thing ok

Will

I will be here as well use @garrigan62 as your main reference he has been the one guiding you @ me if you cant get him

You know i will @Majiktoker

It’s a good thing, that’s mean that the PH is around 6.5, however without knowing the concentration of NPK, it’s difficult for me to give you further advise.

You’re in great hand with @garrigan62 and @Majiktoker, I will follow and add my 2 cents if needed @MasterSplinter.

~Al

@Majiktoker @garrigan62 @Niala thanks guys I appreciate all the help =)

Whats the best time to transplant? Before dark period or before light period?

1 Like

Before light period @MasterSplinter​:+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

I agree with @Niala @MasterSplinter always transplant during light cycle and Atleast 5 hours away from night time. I usually transplant an hour after lights come on

1 Like

Thanks @Majiktoker , time for me to go to sleep

:sleepy::sleeping::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep: Lol

1 Like

My pleasure @Niala you get some rest I got it from here :slight_smile: have a good night my friend ill see ya around tomorrow

1 Like

@MasterSplinter

Best time is 2 hour’s after lights on. never just before lights out. Your plant will need as much light to draw energy to re-coop.

Will

1 Like

Hey guys, so I got my thermometer in today. And temp is actually a lot higher… with the lights on the temp is at 89f with humidity of 51% and with lights off temp is 81f and humidity is 55%… any suggestion on how I can bring the temperature down?? Add more fans?
I still have t transplanted, i plan on doing that tonight after the dark cycle.

1 Like

More Ventilation can draw the hot air out the top. An air conditioner or fresh air supply would help greatly.

2 Likes

@TxGrowman an ac unit is not really an option… I’m currently living in Brazil and ac units here are quite pricey and so is eletrecity… do you think maybe adding more ventilation inside the box or even another exhaust fan would help?

Ok for transplant after dark cycle, it’s better like said @garrigan62, 2 hours after your light cycle as begin. I was a little bit confuse when you said tonight, I assume that your light cycle is ON in the night and OFF during the day. @MasterSplinter

And the suggestion made by @TxGrowman for controlling your temperature are great advise :+1::ok_hand:

~Al :v::innocent:

Absolutely, another fan would help get more air inside and will dilute the heat. I don’t know what the composition of your box is but a 4" vent fan on the top or near the top on the side would at least get the temp down a little. If that is not possible, another smaller fan or two like you have would help a lot especially during the time the lights are on would help. Lucky you are using LED, they aren’t quite as hot as HPS. The more heat you can get away out the better you will be. I would keep the fans on even when the light is off to try to reduce heat. Hope this helps. Jerry

2 Likes

Alright guys so I followed all of your great advice… I transplanted the girls and it went well, so far they haven’t showed any major sign of stress. I also raised the lights as much as I could and switched my light cycle to night time. By doing that I was able to lower the temperature to 80 with the lights on :smile:…I’m also working on adding more fans to lower the temp some more…

Also I checked the ph run of new soil and it was pretty high at 7.6… How long after transplanting should I wait to do a flush? Should I water with lower ph water to try to balance?

2 Likes

Yes Atleast a 5.9 to even it out, and if shes dry you can do it now. Good way to tell is if top inch of soil is dry, you can push your finger in to first knuckle if dry flush, I FB wet wait :slight_smile:

Once your runoff is clear readjust back to 6.8 to prevent damage

3 Likes

@TxGrowman Just to be specific; I have acquired a few fans and I just want to make sure I’m doing the most effective things with them, I could bring more air in at the bottom, pull more air out at the top, or circulate air inside the box or all three. What do you suggest would give me the best outcome?