Sleeping schedule

Is it harmful to kind of turn off the lights once a day at chance…at night…like before bed wake up at a random time and turn the lights back on…Or is a more strict lighting schedule necessary? Eventually I will have a outlet timer or 2 when my eyes and pockets line up at the same time lol

Thanks in advance for any advice
The noob
do.ob :joy:

It depends are they in vegitative or flower. If they are in vegitative set a timer so lights don’t stay off, 20/4 would be better for vegitative as well as 18/6. And the plants seem to be happier and react better with a little rest :smile: hope this helps my friend

Flower I’m sure you already know light schedules are
Week1: 12/12
Week2: 12/12
Week3: 11.5/12.5
Week4: 11.5/12.5
Week5: 11/13
Week6: 11/13
Week7: 10.5/13.5
Week8: 10.5/13.5
Week9: 10/14
Week10: harvest before lights come on

1 Like

is it detrimental at the state that I’m at…they’re still seedlings I’m not sure how I will get them on a tight schedule until I get the timers…I don’t even know when I’m going to get sleep half the time…let alone be home

If they are seedling leave them in 24 hour light until first 2 weeks in vegitative then get to 20/4

Inconsistent light schedules are certainly not good, regardless of veg or flower cycle.

This type of stress can contribute to hermaphrodites (intersexing and sex reversals).

~MacG

1 Like

Thanks MacG

Not once did I state any inconsistent light schedules but ok

Lol you of all people should understand what I mean by that but seems like you got it handled here

Again Majik, I was answering the original poster. And BTW, they didn’t ask for a light schedule like you provided.

If you read what they are actually asking, they asked how much the fact that they don’t have a light timer and are doing it by hand, and that it isn’t very consistent, and if that will be a problem.

~MacG

1 Like

timers are actually cheap $10-20 you don’t need a high end one to do the job almost any will work and they elliminate human error but yes it very important to have a constant time schedule

1 Like

The plants should have a constant light schedule and not bounce around. Could cause the plants stress and turn hermie.

Will

1 Like

Ya if you can figure the things out .
I have all kinds of them here at the house and i for the life of me can not figure them out. If this guy needs one or two I’ll give these to him.
I will !

Will

1 Like

Lol thanks Will… I have this one…but it has to be connected straight to the power line it supposed to control…I’m about to order one of those outdoor plug in ones today hopefully

Oh I now…but I would gladly
Throw l them in the give-way box…lol

Will

I know…taking a break from this stuff today…

I hear ya bufdy. Hey I found something I know you will want to see. Your going to love this .
Im posting it in that the other thread

Will

I went to a reptile enclosure timer digital battery backup and clock 4 timed outlets 4 un-timed