Sledgehammer Flushing

Q for those who flush with Sledgehammer. I’m getting a lot of salt buildup and pH has been a bear to manage. How many gallons do you flush with?

1 Like

I usually do 2 or 3 flushes personally aka 2 to 3 gallons. :+1:

2 Likes

I just finished 2 gal.

That crap is a rinsing agent like you would use for your car. It works though. Ran my PPMs down to 700 (from 1500) and put pH right back at 6.5. The salt stains on my fabric pots are gone.

I ran a couple gallons of pure RO to flush out the Sledgehammer. lol.

2 Likes

Since you normally feed FF nutrients twice a week aka 2 gallons per week. From what I see that means the Sledgehammer should also be 2 gallons as well for a week. :+1:

Next watering get some cal mag in there…

I’ve been running water only on a single plant coco grow and could not get the TDS down until I used Florakleen (like Sledgehammer). Gonna do a light feeding today: 400 ppm and tomorrow a dose of cal mag.

3 Likes

Can any of these be used in a hydro system to clean it before a water change ? Run it in for a bit and then change system to get rid of buildup ?

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul Yes, you can use Sledgehammer in Hydroponics.

1 Like

Yeah; I use Florakleen all the time in my system. That and Hydroguard and lots of peroxide.

1 Like

I flush every ten days with Flora Kleen for 2 hours before adding new nutrients. 1 tsp per gallon for young plants and 2 tsp per gallon for older plants. In ten years never had any built up problem. I use all General Hydroponics Flora nutrients. Last grow I just harvested averaged around 7 oz. Per plant my top plant was 9.82 oz. They were all White Widows from Ilgm

1 Like

Yes. Going to hit with with another gal straight RO and then a light feeding (with cal/mag per your suggestion.) I’ve found it’s hard to get saturated soil to absorb nutes, so I’ll get it back to where it should be on the next watering.

1 Like

I always let stuff dry out after a flush (unless coco which needs to stay damp)

Thanks for the info everyone. I’ll for sure start using one or the other to clean system. It’s not built up bad, no visible build up. But I’d rather play it safe and keep it from happening.

1 Like

Does the water that is used to flush out the sledgehammer have to be ph’d