Sledgehammer and ppm

Maybe I’m taking it the wrong way and I’m sorry @Countryboyjvd1971 . All I’m saying is you have to flush at certain weeks according to the chart or you’re going to have a build up. Fox farm knows this and wants us to flush. It doesn’t matter what line you use your gonna flush at some point or your gonna have a problem. There are certain points your have to flush that are not on the chart like when you transplant. Especially with fox farm ocean forest, because of the extra nutes you’ve put in interacting with what’s in the soil.
The same goes even more on the coco grows, if you don’t flush every 2 weeks like clockwork your gonna have a problem that creates more problems .

2 Likes

I’m going to be using the nectar of the gods line full organic including the ph up
I got a sample kit from them you can go on thier web sight and order a test kit for yourself @arpeggio
Cost me 29 $ for shipping
I understand that @Wishingilivedina420state if you read up in thread I posted the schedule and explained that you need to flush using ff nutes
I do confuse people sometimes as well so if I did that to you I’m sorry
At the end of the day I think you and I are in the same page my friend :+1:

3 Likes

Agree 100% but what issue did you see as a result of buildup? I have 1 week left and fedbtge last time yesterday and no issues but she was outside doe most of her life and got rain water

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I think so to.
Also I read yesterday about you and others ordering nectar of the gods so i desided to check it out. And hay for the price of just shipping And handling I think I can swim it. Being fully organic is a plus for me the only down side is my local hydro store dosnt carry it. But the owner is really cool and is willing to order stuff for me.

2 Likes

I would say you’re out of the woods! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I actually went and picked up some sledgehammer today. Ive been having a problem and everything is pointing to a build up. I talked with a guy at the grow shop who actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He recommended that I mix up a gal PhD water with sledgehammer, pour it in and let it sit for 30 minutes and follow with clean pH’d water (at least a 20% run off). Now I’m no expert but he told me that this stuff worked well for the problem I’m having. Running 3x the size of my pots of water (168 gals) would run my well dry so I’m not going there.

4 Likes

Hi Sasquatch. Can you describe your problem?

1 Like

You name it @Fever it causes all sorts of lockouts
& issues lol

@Wishingilivedina420state I found that the closest place that carries it to me is about 45 minutes away I contacted them and they are willing to ship it to me of course for a s&h fee lol but yeah I figured it was worth it also for 29$ or so :dollar:
I did check it out on Amazon also and it’s about the same cost as the fox farm product line so if I can be 100% id like that bro :+1:

1 Like

@Sasquatch he sounds like he’s on point that’s pretty much how I do it as well
I here that I had issues with my first indoor as well had 25 gal pots x6 lol so I hear you on the plain ph water fish when dealing with a well I now use 5 gal pot indoors and only use my big pots outdoor grows where I don’t grow as many
hope it works out brother tag me into your thread as well
I get lost trying to follow everyone hahahaha

3 Likes

I have a lot of build up from nutes (salts I suspected) getting nute lock out (yellowing leaves). Ive flushed with water ,about 3 or 4 gals. and it seemed to help for a about almost a week. Ph in at 7 out at 6.1 to 6.4 depending on the plant. a few days later 7 in 5.8 to 6.1 and would get worse as time went by. Hitting it with sledgehammer this morning.

2 Likes

Im hitting it with sledgehammer this morning. them going to do it again in a week I think. I have 8 plants outside in 7 gal pots. Ive already decided I’m going to cut back to five next grow lol. That grow shop I went to was wild. They had all kinds of light set ups up and running. No crops like ours but it was very interesting to see. From growing in 3 gal soil pots to full hydroponics. really cool

3 Likes

That sounds very cool brother
Yeah outdoors I use the larger pots since the grow season is longer I think it helps giving them more leg room I only have 3 plants outside one clone and 2 from seed o don’t grow Autos outdoors
Two are in five gallon pots only cause I thought I used all my Biggs roots I did find one more 15 gal which I plan of transplanting one of my gg plants into she’s 5-1/2 feet tall right now and can use more leg room since I still have about 4 weeks veg time left I think it would be beneficial?
But indoors I will use 3 gal for my Autos and five for my photo seeds
You could call fox farms if you wanted to and confirm directions if you feel the need
I have the number

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I think Im good on how to do this. If it don’t work then Ill call hahahhaha
My plants are 5 1/2 to 7 ft tall so this crap is killin me. I have 6 clones going right now. most are about 1 1/2 ft tall and starting to flower.

Nice @Sasquatch I here you I think it will help just give them a few days to dry out after the flush don’t want root rot lol

1 Like

I hear ya @Countryboyjvd1971 . Im amazed at how fast the do dry out. If I don’t water them in the morning they are drooping by that evening

Outdoors yeah they dry out pretty quick and your south of me so your temps are probably a bit warmer even at night
I live in the foot hills of the Catskill mountain range here in NY and we will get down into the high 50s even in August a lot mostly stays in the 60s tho at night @Sasquatch

1 Like

sounds like you have similar temps to me Im in the western NC mtns. Its 61 this morningWe’ve already had a few mornings in the upper 50s @Countryboyjvd1971 There is usually a light breeze blowing through here.

Good stuff guys! I have only fed the girls a couple times so for right now I am not going to flush. I have no issues as of yet. I have been giving them pH water because my ppm is kind of up there. I am about 2 weeks into switching the lights to 12/12. So I figure another few weeks till harvest and not sure I will do much more feeding but I will keep an eye on them. I know my local hydro shop has sledgehammer so if needed I can get it without having to order.

Its done @Countryboyjvd1971 Ran 2 gals of sledgehammer through them all. About a hour later ran a gal of fresh water pH’d at 6.8 . Checked the ph on the most afflected plants and had a run off ph of 6.6 to 6.3! huge difference!
Also checked ppm on the run off of these 3 and got 99,86 and 94
Ill see how they behave over the next week.

1 Like