Sledgehammer and ppm

It was @latewood @Myfriendis410 on another post
@Smokin_ernie I will not purchase the sledgehammer again it came with my dirty dozen kit when I flush it will be will ph water just thought id put it out there

3 Likes

Thanks I will skip the sledgehammer then. I don’t have an issue and if so pH water it will be.

1 Like

@Smokin_ernie it’s your call on if you flush,my plant liked fine week 6 of flower so I didn’t flush because people on this site say don’t flush if there is no problem.
We’ll let me ask you if your car is comeing up on an oil change but there is no other problems would you skip the oil change?

I see people on this site tell someone one thing and someone else some thing else.

All I will say to you is this , I think it’s best if you follow the directions given by the manufacturer . If the chart says flush then flush. By following manufacturers guide lines I have consistently gotten bigger and bigger harvest.

4 Likes

I hate smart phones

1 Like

@Wishingilivedina420state
I hate them too ? But was there a reason you stated this hahahhaha ?
I’m a little confused hahaha

1 Like

Yeah it was and phone started acting up, no service at E.R. But I will re address this as soon as I can.

1 Like

ER @Wishingilivedina420state
Hope everything is ok buddy :+1:
And I’m with you on not flushing if you don’t see any signs of needing it
When feeding full streagh with the foxfarms I did find it necessary in my grow to flush

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 that’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying if the chart says flush then flush.

3 Likes

10/4 brother and I agree with that as far as ff is concerned
I follow ther recommend feeds as well not a fan of 1/2 or 1/4 feedings

1 Like

I’m confused are you for flushing or not

1 Like

I flush yes using ff nutes bro sorry I’m at the end of a 14 hour day
But wouldnot necessarily flush using other unless I saw a sign that I need it ff has a tendency to build up salts @Wishingilivedina420state

1 Like

Ok I kinda think I’m following but if f2f builds up salts wouldn’t you want to get rid of them before they caused a problem.

Look at it like this
You change you oil in you truck every 3000-5000 miles. ( flush every 2-4 weeks)
So you wouldn’t wait till your oil gummed up to change it . ( like waiting till you have a salt build up to flush it out)
I don’t maybe I’m reading to much into a plant that I want to be the best it can. Just me.

1 Like

@Wishingilivedina420state, I think he’s agreeing with you. He would follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

1 Like

This is a really interesting thread.

So I’m using FF trio on an outdoor (first) grow, and I haven’t monitored ppm at all. Everything is going well. But there is something in the back of my brain that’s gnawing at me . . . “is ppm going to bite me in the ass?” :blush:

Reading around the web, most experienced growers seem to be of the opinion that you can do a perfectly good grow without even considering ppm. But as growers become more sophisticated, they want to understand all of the variables out there. BUT . . . it seems to me that of all of the variables that one might measure with various meters, the very most important “meter” is the health of your plants!

I may be whistling past the graveyard (since I’m not monitoring), but it seems to me that ppm is a pretty vague measurement anyway. Parts per million of what? The meter won’t tell you – ppm of something! If you’re watering with 6.5 water and the “parts” are something outside of the absorption range given that pH, then you might be freaking out monitoring something that isn’t likely to be a problem!

@arpeggio maybe right

Wow! The first time anybody has said that! :smile: :sunny::

I’m with you on this Ff seems very heavy on the salt side

Yes @Myfriendis410 I was agreeing with him and do follow the instructions given with the ff nutes and I was try to explain I don’t just go and flush my pots otherwise except when I see a issue
I tried to not flush using the foxfarms nutes once and will not do it again cause of the build up that it leaves behind I learned my lesson the hard way
Also I wouldn’t flush if not directed by the mfg
On a second note I’ll be switching my nutes after I finish up my fox farm nutes and looking into other alternative Nute line cause I don’t like the idea of having to flush the fox farm nutes are good and work well is use correctly but I’m looking for a full organic nute line to work with
@Wishingilivedina420state
Sorry I confused you

3 Likes

You in pots then you should monitor the ppm and ph if needed

1 Like

Yeah; that’s what’s scaring me.

Please let me know where you end up! :sunny:

1 Like