Skywalker first grow

So this is my first attempt at growing. Im growing indoors and keeping it small. Ive got a Vivosun 36x20x62 tent, a Wills 600w full spectrum LED light. A vivosun exhaust fan with carbon filter. Im growing 2 Skywalker plants because A: im a star wars geek, and B: ive read its a fairly easy strain for beginners to grow. So win win! So far ive germinated the seeds in jiffy pellets and both sprouted.

Im excited that both seeds sprouted. Fingers crossed I can keep them alive!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, have you decided what your gonna grow in soil or Coco?

1 Like

@SKORPION thanks! Im going to grow in soil. Im going to use Promix organic vegetable and herb soil as soon as the seedlings are ready for their first pot. Then ill transplant them into their final pot with Fox Farm Ocean Forest on advice from a friend at work who went that route last year.

1 Like

Fox farms nice choice I use happy frog but ocean is used by alot of members.

@BenKenobi420 welcome! I am growing 2 Skywalker og’s at the moment as well. I did the pop culture pack with Skywalker, black widow and Bruce banner because I like star wars and comics lol. I have just switched to flower so a little ahead of your grow. Good luck and may the force be with you in your grow :grin:

3 Likes

@Vance420 thank you. I was also considering Bruce Banner but decided to stick to one strain for my first grow. Keep things as simple as possible. Good luck with yours!

5 Likes

I did 2 Skywalker and 1 each of the others in a 3x3 and it’s definitely too many. I switched them to flower early as I saw they couldn’t get much bigger due to height issues. I made a lot of mistakes but have learned some important things from them lol. I am confident my next grow will be way better overall.

3 Likes

Star wars fan here as well and a fan of this strain… will tag along if you don’t mind… happy grow and welcome this place is awesome and ppl are super helpful.

1 Like

Thanks @PunkBeach by all means tag along. The more the merrier haha

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, i have used those pucs in the past. I suggest you cut the out side netting off when you go to transplant. They don’t disintegrate fast enough for weed plants. My experience with them.

2 Likes

@Chasworks Oh, good to know. Thank you!

1 Like

Great start!

Update today. Transplanted into slightly bigger pots. Hopefully not too soon. Having a hard time being patient. If it wasn’t for work I’d probably be poking around every couple hours! Haha

3 Likes

Ordered a PH tester, some plant risers, and some 5 gallon fabric pots today. I’ll be picking up PH up and PH down along with some nutrients this weekend. Think im going to go with Root Farm nutrients mainly because of price and availability but I’ve read some good reviews.

1 Like

Picked up some supplies today.
So… my seedlings are now just over a week old. Seeing as this is my first grow Id love to know what everyone thinks of how they look so far?

1 Like

looking good! by Ph tester… is it a meter? you’re going to need a decent Ph meter. soil testers won’t work for this. if you have the resources, get something like an Apera because i can just about guarantee you’ll end up there eventually anyway- save yourself some money in the long run and just jump there now if you can.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0814FLQYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dPN9EbAX342EC

Just bought a cheap one off amazon for the time being. Most likely I’ll upgrade to a better one in the future

2 Likes

that’s a step above the soil testers many folks start with :wink:

Hey @BenKenobi420 nice to meet ya! Great looking sprouts!
If that’s the one you bought, in my opinion, you have a good one!
As long as it’s calibrated, it should meet all your needs! I have the same one, and it’s been spot on. Anyway yeah, pleasure! And Happy Growing! Would love to watch your grows!!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Always good to hear you made a decent purchase.

1 Like