Skunky smelling plant that looks like weed?

Not that I see. Castor bean. :sunglasses:

Google will tell. :sunglasses:

Outsidepride castor bean. Swear to buds. :sunglasses::yum:

Yeah if those leaves aren’t serrated it’s definitely a castor bean. As poisonous as those are I’m not sure why anyone would put them in a public place!

1 Like

Just looked it up. eBay. :sunglasses:

Google did tell
2nd pic that I posted is from google

1 Like

Ornamentals. Some people plant them as cover for bud grows. :sunglasses: Stealth​:grin:

1 Like

As I said winner @OldStealth

1 Like

That pic you just posted though does look a little different. The leaf has like 8 or 9 fingers but it is all one leaf. The original pic looks like individual leaves.

1 Like

Look again Bob. :sunglasses:

I’m going cross eyed I just zoomed here’s a screenshot

1 Like

It all depends on stage of growth
Looks like this when it flowers :hibiscus:
@bob31 @OldStealth

Its definitely the spider flower plant. It has 7 leaves with the same exact flowers and same exact flowers. Maybe when you get a closer look in real life you’ll believe it’s a spider flower plant.

It had pink and purple flowers in groups on the top.

Definitely spider flower. AKA Cleome.

I found them one day at Lowe’s by nose. As I located the source, I was surprised by the appearance of the plant as well.

Be careful using them as cover plants because they are known to become invasive.

They come in a variety of colors. Stems also form thorns.

Yes. I’ve owned a couple of spider flowers. Got em at Walmart.

cleome…I believe what you saw is cleome. they smell like weed, have weedy leaves and grow nice and tall.

I believe it’s called a Cleome I happen to have a couple in my garden with the girls. Here is an older picture

Now a picture taken on the last couple days. Looking at the left back of the garden you can see a pink one, on the right back you might be able to see a white one