Skippy's first grow, Banana Kush, WonderDawg, White Tahoe Cookies, Black Jack in coco with Jacks321

If you can keep em small and maintain them without under watering you should be fine.

you’ll reach a point where you’ll be watering everyday. sometimes twice a day if its 1 gallon pots and they get bigfairly bigger than the pot size

2 Likes

Yeah I have some old 2 gallon black pots, they will probably all go in those very soon. I figure I can always transplant up to larger sizes if something turns out to be male.

1 Like

Thats always a good idea. Just make sure to catch the males right away before its too late

@skippyisnohippy looks like you’re figuring everything out just fine! If ya don’t mind I’m gonna tag along for the ride. We have similar setups and after my next run I plan on leaving autos for photos and soil for coco. I don’t know if you’ve read hellraisers stuff but he’s also running a similar grow and he’s an awesome grower/teacher with an easy to follow style

3 Likes

@Pinboy Please follow along and offer opinions if you have them. I read @Hellraiser 's old testament, and then read his new testament, only to discover the old testament had gotten longer. I seriously have no idea what I am doing. I think doing the 6/2 light schedule has really helped them along.

3 Likes

@Calizona this is where my grow journal is, I would have started it sooner but I didn’t think I would figure out how to download pictures into one. But it’s here and you and any opinions are welcome!

1 Like

@plumbdand ! And then I figure out the pencil is the edit button! I love this place.

2 Likes

Nice looking plants you got there @skippyisnohippy

1 Like

Thank you! I think the hard part starts soon.

I have 4 Banana Kush going right now they are a little farther along and outside in a greenhouse. Last time I grew Banana Kush I got over 700gms and it was some of the best smoke we had ever had.

1 Like

Nice! I had a list of possible strains in my head and the Banana Kush was one of them-and went on sale right when I had the money for them. I am looking forward to trying some!

1 Like

I got the BK because it has a really High thc potential and it’s easy to grow as well. I was surprised at how good it smelled and tasted even before it was completely cured. It lasted over a year and still tasted great at the end.

2 Likes

what is Jack’s? what kind of light r u using? I am on my first grow and don’t know much. learning.

what pencil for editing?

If you look at your post there will be a pencil, bottom right.you can click on it and edit your post but there’s a time limit for editing.

1 Like

@beachglass Jacks is nutrients to feed the plants.

The bag on the left is part A and is added at 3.6 grams per gallon of water, then mix in 1.2 grams of epsom salts and make sure both are dissolved thoroughly. Then add 2.4 grams of part B-the bag on the right. Then PH water to 5.8. I have been feeding this solution to my seedlings full strength since they sprouted. My lights are a Bloom Plus BP-2500 I got from amazonia with the intention of growing in a closet 2ft. x 3ft. My other 2 lights are Hlg 260xl rspecs from the horticulture lighting group. @dbrn32 is the light guru around these parts and would probably weigh in on how good a light you should get.

I am on my first grow as well and have been learning from reading grow journals by @Hellraiser and @imSICKkid . I strongly recommend reading all of their grow journals because you can see people that know what they are doing transition through different lighting systems and growing mediums and nutrient lines. That is what made me choose to grow in coco with Jacks nutrients. I don’t know how to link their journals but I believe both of them have made remarks like “I may never grow in soil again”. This is the coco I used.

Don’t feel like you need to get 25 lb bags of Jacks like I did. I figured I will always have some growing from now on so that made sense to me but many just get a 4 or 7 lb. kit from theeeee-bay.

6 Likes

Today I got my vent hooked up out the window. The RH was 70% before with the lights off. I set the vent fan to 5 and it dropped the RH 4% in 15 minutes. After the lights came back on it dropped another 3% in 10 minutes and I turned the fan back down to 3. I fed all of them with full strength Jacks to runoff. PH 5.83 and the EC is 2.06, I just got to figuring out exactly how much PH down to add to a gallon (30 drops) to get it right before testing. Very soon I will need to mix up 3-5 gallons at a time. Total feeding is up to about 1 and 3/4 gallons a day. Today the WTC is at 9:00 in the photo and going clockwise there is Black Jack, then Wonder Dawg and the other 4 are the Banana Kush. I see a couple of leaf tips turned yellow. Probably feeding at the edge of the plants ability to handle it. The lights are at 26 - 30 inches above the plants and pulling 290 watts from the wall. Lights have been on for 30 minutes and temp is 76, RH is 63%.

8 Likes

Very nice looking plants keep doing what you’re doing

1 Like

I am ignoring them as hard as I can!

2 Likes

Looks like it

1 Like