Size pot for a clone

I have this clone I’m just playing with for practice it has rooted nice I topped it and that is coming out good now I was put it in the flower tent and was wondering what size pot to put it in I have a 3x3 flower tent and already have it pretty full

2 Likes

I put my clones in the same size pots that I put plants from seed.

1 Like

I’m no expert, but would think 3 gallon pot if you limited space, 5 gallon if you got room. One of the pro’s will chime in shortly.

1 Like

@perry

How ya doing my friend ?
Well that clone should keep you buzzy… lol
Go get a 5 gallan bucket. That will do you fine

3 Likes

I’m doing good thanks I’m very limited on space in the flower tent I was just wondering how small I could go I don’t think it would use all of a 5 gal pot and not even sure how much of a 3 gallon it would use

this is my tent now

1 Like

And is that that plant?

1 Like

Oh no this is the clone

I’m not growing this big im just playing with it while the main plants do there own thing

1 Like

My mistake…it looks like your flower tent will be very crowded.

1 Like

Ya it will be but I have never tried cloning and thought I’d give it a try and since I can start flowering it now I thought what the heck y not

1 Like

Is that Pro Mix?

Since you’re flipping it to flower right now, I’m just guessing a 3 gallon pot should be sufficient. If you’re using Pro Mix, then it’s mostly about how frequently you can water, right?

1 Like

It’s something that is made here in Michigan

At the end of the day it’s just another plant :+1:

3 Likes

Your right there I already have to many growing

1 Like

How has that worked out so far? Have you been going Water Only?

1 Like

Yes all the way to flower I normally have to start adding nutrients when I flip to 12/12 but for the first 2 months it’s great