Since I live in Nevada how do I grow outdoors or do I give up that dream?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Since I live in Nevada how do I grow outdoors or do I give up that dream?

You have to look up the state growing laws.

Download the FREE GROW BOOK on this website.
Read n learn. If growing in planters or soil…do not use prefertilzed stuff. The plants need different things in veg and flower. Buy a PH n PPM meter…Amazon has lots at $20 a set.
Use at least 5 gallon —cloth pots, plastic buckets with good drainage. Buy nutes and start at very low strength. 20% of mfg feeding schedule…adjust as they show you.
If doing soil…good idea to fluff so plants have easiest time growing roots and not turn the soil into mud which will drown the roots.

1 Like

As if we all follow the law. Lol

No, but doing an outdoor grow, where state laws prohibit, May be a problem. As it is a lot easier to spot than an indoor grow. Pissed off neighbors could turn you in. There are many things that could lead to the grow coming down.

@Aolelon-------offers good advice. Dinosaur neighbors will STILL think pot smokers are drug crazed addicts…remember they watched “Reefer Madness”…twice. And, after 50+ years of Federal government lies and oppression…they KNOW…they KNOW…how dangerous the dirty pinko commie pot smoking Hippies are. And, they will do everything possible to get that damn stuff out of my neighborhood. The putrid legacy of disgraced sick dick nixon lives on after 50+yrs…sigh.:cry:

Only many years of actually seeing how weedies who overdose will just sit on the couch and grin, will help them understand the lack of a problem weedies are.

1 Like

I was kidding guys, easy. I am in an unfriendly state but I also have 17 acres and live out in the boonies. I won’t be planting any 8’ marijuana trees though.

1 Like

I live in Nevada. It is illegal within 25 miles of a dispensary, but there are exceptions. For instance, you’re disabled, and transportation isn’t available. The details are here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-453A.html&ved=2ahUKEwjz1qql6K7cAhUHiVQKHUB7AOkQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3WIYFQHOhQDT9JLCH2hzl0

Said exceptions:

a. All the medical marijuana dispensaries in the county of residence of the person who holds the registry identification card close or are unable to supply the quantity or strain of marijuana necessary for the medical use of the person to treat his or her specific medical condition;

b. Because of illness or lack of transportation, the person who holds the registry identification card is unable reasonably to travel to a medical marijuana dispensary; or

c. No medical marijuana dispensary was operating within 25 miles of the residence of the person who holds the registry identification card at the time the person first applied for his or her registry identification card.

So, first, you have to be a medical patient (which is super easy and inexpensive) and then meet one of these exceptions to legally grow. Then, I would still consider your lease if you don’t own. Housing laws are federal.

No, you don’t have to be a medical patient!! If you are 25 miles or more from a dispensary, you can grow and outdoor grows are legal. To grow outdoors the grow is supposed to be enclosed, secured and not visible by the general public. Most of Nevada is hot, dry and high altitude so a 30% shade cloth cover is a good idea.
I’d also add that it’s really late in the season to start growing here outdoors. Frost usually hits in October, so you want to harvest by the end of September/first week in October.

And the 25 mile rule doesn’t apply to medical patients. Just grow a strain not usually available at the dispensary and you’ll be fine. In fact, I haven’t heard of any backyard grows being inspected by the cops.

2 Likes

Here’s my garden last month. In Nevada there’s often high winds that you want to protect your plants from.

4 Likes

I was meaning if you were within 25 miles of a dispensary. Awesome garden, btw @Loneviking! :+1:

1 Like

I live in a California County that bans outdoor growing, my question is how much flowering smell will come from my 1 to 5 plants? This is why it is baned where I live due to the smell is offensive and will attract criminals who want to steal the plants

1 Like

Depending on the strain it can be really bad I know a lot of people mask that by growing fruity strains like banana kush and limon haze but they still have that you no what it is smell

2 Likes

@Sj2019 what county is that?

And yes, it will smell. I grew 5 super skunk plants in the tree in my backyard. Every night you could smell skunk down the street.

2 Likes