Simple question from a simple Babe

I have an old tanning bed. Can I use it sub light for our purposes. Believe it’s uv/a.

2 Likes

I don’t see why not. @dbrn32 can tell you

1 Like

You would need specs on the bed. Also, I think it would probably only be good for small plants depending on how you rig it up. But after all is said and done, you are better off getting a light that is formulated for plants.

2 Likes

Do you have information on the bulbs in it?

2 Likes

I was thinking they could stand it up and have half a circle around the plant

3 Likes

Maybe, I’m just not really sure what they’re using for bulbs in them.

2 Likes

I see the appeal in it. Following out of curiosity. @dbrn32 weren’t you saying something in another thread about always being put on the spot lol. With great power comes great responsibility.

5 Likes

@HornHead Use it like wall lights in a grow cabinet? That’s cool if it would work.

I thinking like the newer stand up tanning bed. hell, I’d give it a try

1 Like

I can guarantee he’s used to it. Dude gets more @‘s then Twitter

5 Likes

1 Like

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I grow in soil using Botanicare nutrients. I converted 2 bedrooms for my grow rooms for my big girls and for the little ones. I already have a Sun system light plus an array of small LED the sun system light is 315 W and it works pretty good. However I have seven plants in bloom about to harvest this week then I will move the girls out of veg room up to the bloom room . My goal is to increase the amount of space available so they’re not so crowded in there. right now my area is 10‘ x 4‘ and was kind of cramped after the stretch so I thought if I could make the tanning light work in an upright position I could make it
10 x 6 or 10 x 8 by placing the tan light on one end. I have grown outside a lot over the years… but in Oklahoma they just changed their laws so I’m switching to indoor medical route. (Bye bye gurillagrows) and it’s a different world inside. I have way more control and a learning curve. The harvest is nite nurse and the uocomers are Chemdawg91. I am starting white widow and Girl Scout cookies now to go to veg.
I think I may be able to turn that light to shine on the floor by loosening a handle on it.
Anyway thank you all for your perspectives.
I don’t get out and talk to my local constituents about such things. I will put a couple nite nurse pictures up to show you how they came along. Learning curve was the total darkness during bloom. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I wanna see that Chem Dog! :joy::joy: and i think @Mote has a night nurse he’s itching to drop. He may be more intrigued there

1 Like

Thanks for the tag there Purp :wink: and yes I am itchy to drop that Night Nurse.

Hi @Budbabe & welcome to the forum. That nurse is definitely on the list for my next grow.
Were yours regular seeds (ie: Non- feminized), that’s the only way I was able to source mine, dont believe they were avail as fems. And your Chem 91 is that from the cali connection? if so that one has a lot of the traits Mr. Purp and I were discussing earlier today.

Looking forward to some pictures and that’s a heck of grow space you got there, just put a little Hawaiian Tropic on them girls & let em get a Tan! :grin:

2 Likes

Well I got lucky with nite nurse. She was a regular seed. The chem dog I bought at a local dispensary there’s a gentleman there who is a master grower and that’s his favorite he’s working on a hybrid Kim dog crossed with GCGB. So I also have some of those F1 seeds to check out. I’m Just getting started with indoor growing but I have a friend who converted the upstairs of their house For our purpose and he’s got a regular routine going.
I’ve still got a lot to learn though but coming along OK thanks for your interest and your help.
I live way out in Baja Oklahoma so I don’t have to worry much about the smell and I used panda paper and a gazebo to form a tent tent dehumidifier fan fan running along one bedroom wall witth a 315w sun system LEC & 2 48” LEDs overhead lighting plus 2 small LED lamps per plant that I place on each side of a girl and pointvup at the leaves. I’d like to put the tanning light on one end because the way I understand it can’t have too much light hardly just too close.
But at the end of the day I still don’t know it all, so I found a place where I could learn from and with other like minded persons. Reading in the forums here I noticed that it would seem y’all are certainly familiar with the process. I am certainly not a total newbie but can use any intelligence you can spare.
Peace

2 Likes

I like you already! I want to see this work!
Ps I lived in southern OK for a while and of course, in a sooners fan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Baja, Ok? I was born and raised here and I thought that was just a movie. Where is that? I’m an hour from Tulsa.

1 Like

Intersection of 35 and 412 basically. 12 miles west and 2 miles south. I went to school in Tulsa. Went to Rogers HS. Moved around a bit. Came back here and stayed.
Worked in call centers and hog farms mostly but messed my neck up so now I stay on the farm and farm or fish or hunt.
Always had a green thumb and growing outside is a natural. Bury them jars for the winter etc. Inside will be nice when I get the hang of it

1 Like