Simple Daily Nutrient watering Recipe?

Is there a recipe (or formula) to put in EVERY watering (in veg cycle anyways)? There HAS to be a simple (and almost daily) recipe to cure my NUTRIENT anxiety. At the moment, every watering has SLF-100, molasses, Epson salts and 1/2 strength GrowBig…
I am currently vegging out some photos in my greenhouse (late Feb)

2 Likes

If you want to do daily watering Jacks is the way to go I don’t use it but I’m sure plenty of people will chime in

7 Likes

Right on. JR Peter’s says Jack’s can be ran at the same mix/strength from seed to harvest. Most of us add to it or modify the recipe for different stages, but that’s personal preference. The manufacturer says 3.79/2.52/0.99 (a/b/Epsom) for the whole grow.

4 Likes

What medium are you growing in? If in soil and watering everyday??? Is temps, small pots, not enough water volume. I’d change more than the nutrients.

4 Likes

None of them need water every day of course, but each dries out differently so I water whatever NEEDS watering that morning… hence my need to keep a constant water/nute bucket going.
For soil I use Nectar for the Gods 4-Shot in 2-gal fabric pots

5 Likes

Howdy Maurk
Welcome to forum :grinning:

3 Likes

welcome to the community

2 Likes

I got you. Lots of small plants need lots of attention.

5 Likes

PC4ZXqMiTqGYkYccMl

2 Likes

After looking into Jacks 321 …that seems to be exactly what I was hoping was out there… THANKS… ordered some and will report results!!!

4 Likes

My current plan:

1 3x3 tent for 20/4 light cycle
1 2X2 tent for flowering 12/12 cycle
1 8x12 polycarb greenhouse

The greenhouse will be for BOTH auto AND photoperiods. I will grow some mother plants for cloning for immediately flowering of the clones in the flowering tent. Autos do what they do. I needed a nutrient routine that covered flowering AND vegging so I didnt have to make different mixes all the time. Jacks 321 may be what I need for a nutrient base.

At least that’s the current plan of attack.

2 Likes

@Maurk i also use Jacks 321 with RO it makes things easier and grows great product.

1 Like

The only hassle with Jack’s is Part A takes a while to dissolve. I use a cheap aquarium wavemaker for all of my mixing and if it remains agitated can be stored longer. You’ll likely have to still PH but that’s pretty easy and quick.

5 Likes

I think I read somewhere that you can send a water sample to jacks and they will give you the perfect formula for your water.

2 Likes

Been riding the train using Jacks.it doesn’t get any easier.I add the molasses in as well.from start to finish.great results with no issues thus far

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I want to hear… simple, easy results… thx

@Maurk since you like easy I’ll share my method of maintenance.

I get a 5 gallon plastic bucket and set it next to my RO Buddy water filtration device. I have the waste hose out to where it can drain and the filtered line goes into the bucket. I set a timer for 1 hour and 52 minutes. I typically have 4 gallons of water.
I add nutrients while I keep a wave machine inside the bucket to ensure everything stays mixed up. Then I pour in pre-measured nutrients allow time for them to fully dissolve in the water.
When done with all the nutrients I pour it into a reservoir that’s connected to an automated watering system.

It took a little bit of effort to setup but now it significantly decreases my level of effort.

1 Like

SO… you have a separate mix bucket with plug-in agitation {for good mixing) but not sure why the timer. The waste hose OUT must be for the RO water. I am beginning to understand how auto-watering systems work… only having experience with drip systems.

Hey @Maurk , welcome to the forum
I also use Jacks and when paired with Coco Coir as a grow medium its great.
I don’t change anything from start to finish. Water daily after about 2 to 3 weeks. Plants grow incredibly fast in coco. It may be if I tweaked stuff I might get a bit more from a harvest, but I am busy and don’t want to mess with it. Just want to go in water and move on.
I don’t water to run off. I don’t flush. And I don’t over feed. Just mix exactly as stated and no more.
Routinely harvest over a pound each cycle from a 3x4 tent. 2 plants or 4 plants. Still a pound.
Last harvest was 22 ounces.

1 Like

@Maurk the timer is just how long it takes to fill up the bucket with 4 gallons of water. So I can set it up and do other stuff and get back to the bucket before it overflows.