Silvaback’s 1st journey

Greetings every one.
Today I received my seeds purple haze feminized. Will start with outdoor for the 1st harvest and hopefully gain experience before I make the jump to indoor.

I planted 2 randow seeds 2 weeks ago and its seedling. Im scared it might got damaged the last few days has been raining alot and windy. They are leaning side ways right now. I relocated them next to a wall.
Should I start my purple haze the same way as my random seeds or should i wait to put them outside?

8 Likes

Thats my random seeds

7 Likes

Gotta love bag seeds! I usually start indoors till they get a couple of nodes, then slowly acclimate to outside… but is getting late in the season, could be worth direct sowing to see if they will take off faster. Could do one inside one outside and see what does better.

Happy gardening!

3 Likes

Thank you. Now big question should I grow in pot or straight in the ground?

2 Likes

Id grow in a pot first time with quality soil. Unless you have a plot with good soil. I dont suggest planting riggt there by the sidewalk

4 Likes

Im planing on digging a spot for it next to my gardening bed and use the gardening bed soil.
Im just scare if i do that the plant will grow super tall

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Use a5-10 gallon bag or pot.
Unless you’re garden soil has been amended a couple of years. Just a hole in the lawn won’t cut it… my garden girls are at 8-10 feet tall right now…

1 Like

Thank you @MrPeat best community in my life I got say.

@Derf02368 they are planted lets see the outcome now. Hopefully it goes well…

@Cannabian I seen in a few forums you are the man for outdoor grows. Any recommendations on my leaning plants? Its due 2 rain in the last few days. Those are my trial random strain plants that started my journey.

7 Likes

Well you can either support it with sticks or a wire, or you can add more soil around the stalk and just pack it firmly until its straight, the top part will aim upward again on its own

5 Likes

Thank you today the weather was much better and my babies got some sun. I added some more soil to them as you @Cannabian recommended

12 Likes

Nice! Now dont overwater lol :laughing:.
Cannabis isnt a huge fan of soggy soil, and at that age you run the risk of damping off. If you have a syringe or a turkey baster, they are nice for watering around the perimeter of the pot while leaving the stem area dry. It seems as though the stem area is dry but below the soil, the area kinda gets moist all over if you know what Im saying. This also promotes root spread.

5 Likes

Definitely appreciate the insight. Its suppose 2 rain again this weekend alot. Crazy summer so far.
I been following the VA forum which been helping me with all the jewels you guys drop.

1 Like

Hey Silva ! Good luck with the Grow… !!
Cannabian nailed it - “. watering around the perimeter of the pot while leaving the stem area dry…” This is Great advice… (esp. combined with Fabric grow bags.)

Look forward to updates

2 Likes

My 2 randoms are doing great now standing up and 1 of the purple haze came out the ground this morning. Haven’t water them yet due to rain few pass days.

Is it ok 2 gently shake leaves 2 remove water? Or am i damaging the ladies

10 Likes

Just checked on the ladies and got good and bad news.

Lets start with good news all 3 purple haze have now popped.

Bad news something got hungry last night and decided 2 taste 1 of the ladies.

Heres my journal @PurpNGold74 @RetiredSFC nothing crazy but its a start.

@Cannabian did this ever happen 2 u?

The ladies

8 Likes

Yep! Sure has… slugs and caterpillars. You can also have the plant cut down by cut worms. The best defense is sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the seedling. Or you can cut the bottom out of a pastic container and place it around the plant.

2 Likes

Thank you @Cannabian

1 Like

Hey no worries, I wish you all the best with your girls!

Just a photo bomb :laughing:

7 Likes

@Cannabian How tall is the 1 in the right? They are beautiful

2 Likes