Silica who is using it?

This is beautiful…How much do u use per gallon of water??

@GreenJewels. I know silica is part of your grows, now, but you’re the reason I decided to check out this thread.

1 Like

I use silica but still break almost every plant .Now its part of how I make my PH 5.9 nutrient mix and cant stop using it without a PH drop that I would have to fix with PH down so I may as well use silica.

1 Like

I use TDS raw Silica

RAW Silica 8 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UL3YQX8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bcJXDbSJZ5JNM

If you use DE on your soil your adding a good source of silica

1 Like

Do you use aloe as well? What are all the products you use and when if you dont mind sharing​:crossed_fingers:t5::upside_down_face:

I use JR Peters “Jacks” nutrients. I use a slightly modified Jacks 3-2-1 formula. So I use four powdered nutrients as my base nutrients. In addition to that, I add silica (I use General Hydroponics Armor Si) and Hydroguard (to help keep my reservoir problem free).

2 Likes

I use pro-tek silica. It’s pretty cheap and you don’t use much. I use 2ml per gal on water days during veg. just have to watch ph with some silica additives as it might spike.

Never really thought about that. I have used rhino skin for a while and then trying simply silica and one of my LSD plants has some kind of lockout/pH issue which maybe it is effecting the pH. I am an organic grower and haven’t pHed in a while. I probably should check from time to time. LOL

My nutrient system comes with silica. Silica needs to be the first thing you add to your water if not it will congeal with the other nutrients causing issues.

Just started adding silica to my current four plant grow!

1 Like

So it seems to me as if NPK raw is the only ones selling silica dioxide, at least in canada.
This is the product you want to use, not potassium silicate.

Everyone I’m hydro should be running silica and it shouldn’t be expensive or hard to find.
Many experienced Growers have turn to dry nutrients and thus they should be using dry silica dioxide as well.

I have exciting news I have decided to get into the nutrient business but to sell only one product and as you’ve guessed it’s silica dioxide I’m at the beginning of this adventure so stay tuned I will update everyone as I progress and will be sharing my journey to list silica dioxide on Amazon.

@Not2SureYet
@Myfriendis410
@dbrn32
@Covertgrower
@Bulldognuts

7 Likes

Wishing you the best on your business adventures!

3 Likes

@dbrn32 seems to be good at locating the dry stuff :grin: I have dropped 3 new seeds now :laughing:

3 Likes

I have potassium silicate concentrate. Thick costic nasty shit. I dunno what it even does for sure. The dude at the hydro store said use it so i did. I just mix it first before cal mag stir well then let it and cal mag rest for 10 mins and then i continue to add rest of nutes. Im sorta new to this so dont run to da bank with my advice lol. Anyone who knows more about this stuff there to help us out?