Silica who is using it?

:clap: NICE! With a trunk like that she’ll be able to hold up some real fattys come flower!

1 Like

I just harvested her last month. She was strong enough that when I put the SCROG over her she lifted it off the ground as she grew…I had to add weight to the screen to keep it down.

3 Likes

Just divide ratio by 4 and only mix small batches less waste at any rate

1 Like

Good idea thanks

2 Likes

Ive used the silica blast works great
You can also use de as a silica additive

4 Likes

I use Rhino Skin. @Majiktoker swears by it and got me using it. Produces huge trunks and stems. Also works great for reducing heat stress during summer outside grows.

3 Likes

I use ph up for my hydro. Powdered potassium silicate. Works well, stable in solution & adds good stuff

3 Likes

I was going to get the rhino skin @Rugar89 but it was more expensive then the silica blast. I was being cheap that day I went to the hydro shop. I will give silica blast a go because I have it. I do want to try the rhino skin.

2 Likes

1L of Rhino at my hydro store is $30 + sales tax
1L off ebay is less then $24 with free shipping and no tax

@Smokin_ernie

1 Like

I was being even more cheap and got the True ‘Silica Gold’ for $13 on Amazon lol.

1 Like

That is funny. I am not a scrooge about my money but sometimes I dot like to let it go. haha

1 Like

Lol yeah no kidding. I bought pretty much the entire line of NFTG but I can’t splurge on the Silica? Haha.

2 Likes

Now that is funny lol. How has it worked out for you? Do you notice a difference?

1 Like

I really don’t know. I’m not getting the results of what @Bogleg did but again this is my first run with it. Maybe I’ll grab Rhino Skin and use it next grow to see if I do see a difference. Maybe I got what I paid for lol.

1 Like

I used Armor Si (GH version of silica) on my last grow and both my plants had nice, thick branches and stems. We’ll see how this grow goes - so far I’ve had healthier plants on this grow compared to last at this same stage.

3 Likes

Are you feeding every or every other watering?

Are you asking me? I am a hydro grower. On my last grow (and on this current grow) I used 5ml/gal of water for the first month of life, then upped it to 10ml/gal until I was done with the flower stretch, then stopped using it completely.

2 Likes

Sorry for confusion but yes. I didn’t realize you were doing hydro but you answered my questions pretty much. I can feed them each watering and I was going to ask when you stopped using.

2 Likes

That’s what she said. :man_shrugging:t2:

@Countryboyjvd1971 hi there, not sre if posted in the past but just found this info on silica as i learned it was not in some nutrients, i found this info says the ph for silica cannot be where growers use. not sure if true but looks like some scientist has got some chemical results and uptake issues with monosilicic acid an actual % it is utilised at.cannot go over 120 ppm ? An interesting,read for sure. good topic :slight_smile: https://medteknutrients.com.au/silica-additive-quality/