Silica who is using it?

That is huge! I am definitely going to get some.

1 Like

No problem @neckNflu

Thanks @Rexx for sharing that

Silica is important supplement especially if in. Soilless medium
It will helps with tissue strength
Silica is already in organic soils but even they benefit fir supplementing with a add in
I use silica blast

https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Supplement-0-5-0-5-1-Formula-1-Quart/dp/B000EJZAWA?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

For silica in my aquaponic system, I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-10/dp/B00025H2PY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

@Aquaponic_Dumme I have some of that de. Can it be used with soil. I bought a bag and never used it. Can I ad it to my regular watering?

@Countryboyjvd1971 thanks buddy. I definitely want to ad something. I look at all options.

1 Like

I have actually just mixed it in with my water the DE @Smokin_ernie and water it in

2 Likes

Sweet do you happen to how much per gallon?

1 Like

I was using about a 1/4 cup per 5 gal bucket of water
But i would tag @Aquaponic_Dumme since hes using in hydro he probably git more if a handle on actual amounts needed

3 Likes

So my buddy has a friend that grows and he is using dissolved oxygen plant additive instead of silica. He wasn’t too happy with his experience with the silica. Don’t know this guys experience but does have some tasty bud. What do you think? have you ever heard of dissolved oxygen? I have not. @Countryboyjvd1971 @Aquaponic_Dumme @bob31 @dbrn32 @1BigFella

I am still going to try silica.

1 Like

Usually u can find a feeding schedule online for the type of nutrients u use and I go by that for the most part and add things here and there for flush I use Botanicare and it calls for silica all the way through growth. Seems to work well for me.

I have read that it can make buds taste funny if used to harvest. Have you noticed this at all? @timmyv324

Well before harvest you will typically stop using any nutrients and flush your soil for a week or so at the very end. I usually flush mixing water with molasses and mine has always tasted great. But flushing is the key. When you smoke it you should get a nice white ash if it’s dark and don’t burn well that usually the indication that the plant wasn’t flushed well.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of that. Silica works good for me and honestly you don’t use much in your mix

1 Like

That is cool. This is going to be my third grow so still learning. Good point about the flushing. I used fox farm trio with the sledgehammer flush and worked out pretty good but as always there is room for improvements.

2 Likes

The best thing I can say is be patient. Don’t b afraid to try new things. Some thing work good for you and not for others. I’d have to say your environment and PH are the most looked over things if you have these good you will b in a good spot to grow killer weed

3 Likes

So I am going to add some silica to a blue dream that I have going and it is lacking in something it is only 12 days old and the leaves are deformed and spindly. So not too worried about it if doesn’t make it. So I figure I would see what happens. Going to mix a gallon but the plant only needs a 1/4cup of water at the moment. What kind of shelf life does the mixture have?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @timmyv324 @Tylan @Familyman420 @neckNflu @Bogleg @Rugar89 @Screwauger @Rexx

6 Likes

This pic represents my opinion of silica. :wink:

9 Likes

wowy that thing is huge! I am feeling good about this stuff.

3 Likes

Very nice! I just started using silica on my last grow. It really does strengthen up the stems and the stock. I noticed a difference just by touching them and manipulating them.

2 Likes