Sigh.. I think I topped too much?

Hey @beardless, thanks a lot brother! Having a visual helps a ton.

@Capt.Cola Thanks for the visual! I’m sure you’ve had to post that so many times in this forum by now lol. Thanks again man!

1 Like

@beardless Liked reading those words for sure as I am in the process of creating the 8 Colas with the Autos I purchased at ILGM. I almost talked myself out of it, but going thru with the attempt as a short Squat plant is perfect for my space.

2 Likes

I hope it works for you. It is a straight forward example and is a good introduction to some basic LST. Topping is actually a high stress technique but done early the plant has time to recover and be productive.

1 Like

@beardlessYou are for sure one of my Grow-Heros! You and @Hellraiser put out alot of good, informative posts.

Dealing with Mother Nature is a bit of a roll of the Dice for sure. I appreciate the tips they are helpful to us Rookie Growers.

2 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment. If this was football, Hellraiser is in the Hall of Fame and I am playing flag football.

2 Likes

Just to update you guys (@beardless @Work4iT) , I ended up topping both of them. Neither showed one sign of stress afterwards and it’s been over a week. Both are doing well. I am only lsting one because the stem on the other was way too thick to bend. I kinda want to see what happens. Also note that the smaller plant is also older oddly enough. She started as a runt and has stayed that way. I don’t have the heart to kill her though haha

3 Likes

You’re too humble, seen from great growing from you.

2 Likes

Telling it like it is. When I have asked, you have always helped. Your journals and the info you provide are a great resource. I have your coco journal bookmarked and will refer to it if & when I take that jump. I did post what I am thinking about at Will this autopot setup work?
Thanks as always.

2 Likes

:rofl:
Learned so much from his journal. You sell yourself a little short! :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Go for it, the only way to learn! First grow, was so hesitant to do anything. Just let it grow naturally and was forced to LST several weeks into flowering as I ran out of height! This time around did some aggressive LST. Don’t know yet what the outcome will be, but into week 6 (2nd flowering) she has many bud locations!

Reading, trying, learning, writing, observing, more reading…rinse repeat! :laughing:

Do you have your own thread going or journal?

Keep posted.

Continued success.

I had to FIM my white widow auto at 30 days old. The main stem was really woody and wouldn’t stay tied down. She just kept shooting up every time I tied her down. So I FIMmed her at day 30 and day 53 looked like this:

4 Likes

To my inexperienced eyes, she looks great! I am experiencing my flowering stretch and fear I may run out of height necessitating some course of action. Seeing how you have done this, gives me some reassurance if I need to do anything soon.

Keep posted.

She looks great, got a pic?

[quote=“PP3121, post:27, topic:61506”] Got a pic??
Do you have your own thread going or journal?
[/quote]

No but I usually take a pic or make a day long time lapse each day. I’ll attach one video.

@Oheeeoh she looks beautiful. I think I’m gonna have to tie down soon. I can’t bring my light much higher. [quote=“PP3121, post:29, topic:61506”]
To my inexperienced eyes, she looks great!
[/quote]

Thank you!!

Here’s a link to one of my time lapse videos. Hope that’s ok?? I was screwing around and put music behind it because my wife said it needed some music. https://youtu.be/nRlq5Fs8NnI

1 Like

That is super cool! “It’s…alive!” :astonished:

I agree; needed the music. Good choice. :+1:

1 Like

Well, I’m at day 35 now.

Just an update: Noticed the lower leaves of both plants were turning yellow and just about dead. The next set of leaves have started to yellow. I’m using FF HF and I believe this is the ‘sign’ everyone was talking about that the plants will give me when it’s time to start with my nutrient trio? From what I’m reading on here, it’s probably a nitrogen deficiency. Do you think the min dosage of the nutrients is the way to go at first?

Appreciate the advice, guys.
Pics below are just general. Not showing the damage to the lower leaves.

While I do not use FF, I believe it is 4 - 6 weeks, depending on watering practices, and then you begin feeding. Also, you should begin with 1/4 strength of recommended and see how they take to it before upping the percentage.

Let’s see what others say about it.

I can’t help with liquid nute advice, but I’d try some powdered alfalfa as a top dress. I bought the 50lb bag of horse pellets from my local feed store. Grind it up and top dress before your next watering you’ll be amazed with that stuff.

Thanks @PP3121 - That was my understanding as well. Going into week 5, figured she’s telling me it’s time. Although she’s not a seedling, I’m going to give them seedling dosages at first. See how they do, as you recommended. 1/4 dose of each for seedlings says the bottle.

@Oheeeoh - I’m really interested in non liquid nutes. I think that’s the way I’ll go next time. I already bought the liquid stuff though, might as well give it a try. Appreciate your tips!

1 Like

Oh and in case anyone is interested, I made another day long time lapse to cheesy music haha

I’m sure no one cares but here’s another longer time lapse I made haha.

https://youtu.be/cIxLSCWjL3k

3 Likes