Side by side half quantum vs. viparspectra par600 in flowering

I also have a viperspectra 600 par… I’m hoping to build a light with qb288’s as well… this is dark devil at 8 weeks… alternated daily with phlizon “900 watts” it’s not even close… running my whole tent I’m averaging $19 a month electric.

I’m hoping she bulks up a bit more in the next week or two… but overall I’m excited to build a better light and get some nice bud.

Cheers!

5 Likes

@Alpo0721 what were the results of this experiment? Have you harvested or getting close. How does the density compare?

1 Like

Indeed, we are all super interested in the outcome…

1 Like

I know people aren’t going to like the results but I had better density , color and yield with the viparspectra par600 . The plant that was under the quantum boards was very very trichome covered and potent but lacked in color and density , the viparspectra buds were mostly purple , and dense . I think that as far as price goes and final product I will stick with viparspectra, also with a viparspectra par you can have white and blue only on and grow nice tight node plants that produce a lot and not get lanky and tall from stretching from the red light .just kick on the red for flowering . The spectrum change seems to help them start budding faster compared to a 3000k quantum.the viparspectra also has UV and IR light… comparable 500-600 w hlg setup would cost $600+ and have the same or worse results . For 600$ I would get 3 viparspectra par 600 . Or 2 1200s which cover a 5x5 area . My opinion based on my results . I just got a 1000w hps and mh that I am excited to try out and compare to my best led set up . I got the eye hortilux bulbs which I heard are good . Good luck everyone

8 Likes

There is nothing to dislike, facts simply are…thanks for reporting although your results do not surprise me. Great job!

4 Likes

What were dry weights?

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone will be upset with your findings. The only person that has to like the results are you. If the viparspectra works great for you then, tI’d stay with them as well. Like I’ve stated earlier in the post that light has done me good as well. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I read an article over a year ago that nebula haze had made public that rated the vipar 600 in the top three based on price and final results. Glad you took the time to share the post with the community . I have been following has been very interested.

3 Likes