Sick Seedlings to Flourishing Seedlings w/HELP 1st GROW

Haha. Don’t mind the Hygrometer. I put the meter in the window sill yesterday on a hot day and it did those wicked numbers on there. Lmao. Looks outrageous I know. Should reset itself here soon. And yes. I keep it at 71-75 F and RH at 60-64ish.

1 Like

So…I guess my last questions for the week is: how will I know when or if they need Nutes and when they do which ones from above to use. Lastly, 5 gallon airpots need approx what water schedule or shall I stay misting the top and that’s it ? Thx again all! And thx @blackthumbbetty for hopping in for good advice on my first grow.

1 Like

Water sparingly around the outside edge. Make the roots find it.

1 Like

Vertical growth is strain dependent too. No nutes yet. They look really good right now. At this point I would only use ph water and sparingly. Cannabis like dryer soil and it will prevent fungus gnats

1 Like

Begin feeding when the cotyledons start dying; they’re your seedlings’ first meal. Then, go find a good schedule for those nutes, and follow that schedule (you can adjust, if needed, but the schedules usually give a good starting point). Pay attention to your plant’s needs, and adjust everything as needed.

For me, I have found that the first week in their forever home, watering 2 cups every 2-4 days is plenty, watering a few inches out from the plant to encourage the roots to seek out water. Then go to 4 cups, then 6, etc, keep bumping it up to follow your plants’ needs w/o drowning them. By full flower, you should be watering to a bit of run off; in the 5 gallon pot, you’ll probably start seeing runoff at about 10 cups of h20, though by the end of your grow, you might be giving them a gallon of h20 at a time. That’s just my observation.

Absolutely my pleasure to help. There are some great people here who’ve helped me, so time to pass it on. I hope I gave you sound info. :grinning:

3 Likes

Your plant has plenty a root system to water normally. Her size really isn’t that small for her age. It’s about now they start to go. Yours will take a few extra days from the transplant but she will take off on u.

Find out from the manufacturer of your soil how many days it says it’s charged for. At about the half way mark I would start feeding once a week. If u don’t see any further nute burn after feeding keep that schedule til she asks for more. In full flower some of my plants take 2 gallons of water. Once she is a bit bigger I would start to water til u get some runoff. Not a flush just some drips out the bottom so u know she’s watered all the way through.

Underwatering can b just as bad as overwatering. But in between waterings u want to let them dry out most of the way. Once in mid flower that will b everyday.

Feel free to ask as many questions as u need. That’s how people learn and what we r here to do. Help each other.

3 Likes

Hey all. What is this bug in my soil. ??? Harmless or harmful ?

I opened a new bag of gardening soil to check out and saw these little brown butt bugs crawling within. Let me know ASAP

Mixing some soil for tomato seeds and happened to see many of these roaming around inside this soil !! Wtf!

Damn. Yes. They are in my actual Seedlings soil too along with these little white bugs. My seedlings are developing beautifully and now I just notice these things in the soil. UGH !!!

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty
@Familyman
@hangthebanksters
@anon95385719
@Niala
@PurpNGold74
@Redeyedranger
@raustin

Please help! What are these dark bugs with tan ish butts in my seedlings soil ?

And the white ones. They kind of jump.

Any natural remedies to get rid of them ??

Please see all pics above. I also have really good videos. I can’t find the bugs online to diagnose but I know one of you know what they are and my next step to kill or suppress them. Thx.

1 Like

Getting bugs in a new bag of soil is common, usually they’re good bugs, but i’m not sure what kind of bugs those are. Someone else will know. I think a pic in natural light would help.

1 Like

Looks like fungus gnats and aphids! Both bad bugs and will eat the roots of your plants.

I’m not a bu expert as I hate those nasty things but @Donaldj might know for sure.

2 Likes

Look like super small beetles! With tan butts. Can’t find them ANYWHERE on the net. Then the little white one looks like a spring tail from what I’ve found on the net. Either way. Not sure what they are and what I should do.

To be on the safe side, you could start with a thorough dusting of diatomaceous earth. At this stage, it can go on the ground around your plants, on top of your soil, and in a spray bottle with water to mist your plant & walls. While wet, it is ineffective, but once it dries, it’s good to go.

If you find eggs on the plant, you can spray or baste the leaves with a solution of 1:4 rubbing alcohol and water. Spray or baste the tops & bottoms of the leaves, as well as all stems & branches. Do this a few times a week for 2 weeks.

I know absolutely nothing about pesticides to use, but I have used the above methods without any issue.

4 Likes

Thanks. So far they seem to not have touched the plants but who knows. Could be hitting roots too. And I’m going to see if I can put YouTube link on here for short video recording of the bugs in my soil. Some people say don’t kill them if they are good bugs but I hate bugs in general !

Just gotta figure out if they’re friend or foe. For that, I defer to experts.

Also, there’s a freaking spider running around inside one of my tents. I hate spiders! Decided to just let it live its life. It can eat anything that doesn’t belong inside the tent. I’m slightly scared of opening my tent, now, but…

4 Likes

Here are two links. They are private and only people with the link can view. Please let me know what bugs these are ! Even if they are harmless, I can’t find them anywhwere on the net ! The little white ones can jump as you see in video which makes me think Springtail. Please let me know.

1 Like