Sick Seedlings to Flourishing Seedlings w/HELP 1st GROW

About to transplant. And…what’s good for reptiles is good for plants, right ? Enjoy the pic of my Bearded Dragon sniffing my already smelly seedling. Lol

2 Likes

I got my three air pots loaded and ready. My soil is silky smooth with plenty of aeration and relatively organic. Below is a pic of the mix I put together. I hope it’s good, feels good as hell. Looks good as hell. Only one way to find out !

Sifted Out all sticks and bark for 5 parts organic potting mix. 3 parts organic peat. 1 part perlite. 1 part vermiculite. 2 parts organic VermisTerra Worm casting

5 Likes

Decent looking root system on my most developed plant. Transplanted just that one. Waiting a day or two for the other two smaller seedlings.

5 Likes

Looks great :+1: you did a good job :facepunch: remember not to over water. A cup at a time every 2 to 3 days to start. Also water away from the stem. An easy way to do this is put a dome on it and water the dome.
Keep it up and green :v:

1 Like

Thanks for all the info everyone. Very grateful. Just took a quick sneak peek in the grow tent (I know it’s early) but she’s looking happy lol

4 Likes

By the way all, I changed the topic Title. You all have taken the time to enter such valuable info, which is obviously helping, so perhaps this will turn into a sort of 1st Grow Journal that people can look at and get a lot of your valuable info you’ve given. Thanks again, and I’ll obvoisly keep this updated as I go. Please “like” or “heart” when I post just so I know you acknowledged each post. Grateful !

@Familyman
@hangthebanksters
@ILGM.Stacy
@ILGM.Nicole
@anon95385719
@Niala
@PurpNGold74
@Redeyedranger
@raustin

8 Likes

Thanks for the props! I love to help other growers. My experience is short, but I’ve learned so much in a short amount of time. This community has saved my grow for sure. With out the info I have gotten especially from the tagged members i probably wouldn’t still be in the hobby.

3 Likes

Alright ALL. Two plants are 20 days old. Only nutes theyve had are Big Bloom just a slight mist 3 days ago and they seemed ok with it. However, 20 days now, looking for any recommendations for next steps. Keep in mind now that they are transplanted the soil has a small amount of nutes in it. So shall I let the plants go another week or so since nutes are really just now being introduced in a slightly larger capacity with the new soil, or should I give them some nutes, extremely small amount of course. Lastly, with fresh soil 1-2 days old, probably don’t need to water yet ?? Also, how does my seedling look ? Super green and ALOT wider than the others. I feel it’s a different strain and not an Auto Blueberry because it’s growing 100% different.

2 Likes

She’s too small for nutes. I would give them u til u see she needs them.

2 Likes

ok. I was just checking because the root systems are fairly elaborate already just the plants are small. Fox farms and all the nute schedules I’ve looked at have nutes introduced at 2 weeks. My plants are at 3 weeks now. Thx.

1 Like

That would b for a medium that has no nutes in it. By using a soil that is charged that changes the nute schedule.

3 Likes

@Familyman
@hangthebanksters
@ILGM.Nicole
@anon95385719
@Niala
@PurpNGold74
@raustin
@Redeyedranger

Hey all. Any steps to take anytime soon ? Not sure at what stage they graduate from being a “seedling.” Not sure what to look for either regarding when “they” need nutes. Seems they are all happy. Besides being super small relatively from what I’ve seen others’ plants be at the 3 week out of ground mark. Two of them maybe a little light colored and not dark like my youngest seedling. Please let me know any next steps I Should now take .

3 Likes

Keep doing what your doing. Looking good. They will get their feet under them before the above ground growth takes off.

U will b pleasantly surprised one day when all of a sudden she’s a plant.

1 Like

Thanks. Sounds right. THey are perky now and I don’t even want to touch them with anything lol. They seem happy. But I don’t want to wake up one morning and they are slumped over or something because I haven’t fed them yet. Will it hurt to give them very small feedings with fox farms nutes ? Like 1/4 of recommdation to start. These babies are puny for 3 weeks ! But they smell VERY good already ! ! A pic below shows what I have on hand. They seemed to LOVE the big bloom at a minuscule dose of only misting. However I feel they would benefit and may even need (due to their dwarf like size for their age) introducing some Grow Big or Fish Emulsion ?? Any thoughts ?? Pic of my on hand nutes below.

1 Like

Can you take some pics w/o your growlight on? We’d d like to see your babies in their true colors. You can use your camera with a flash for some snapshots, during regular light hours.

1 Like

Doing it now :+1:

All three plants / seedlings

2 Likes

They’re looking just fine!

That temp of 93 isn’t really ideal, though. Try to keep it below 85.

2 Likes

They look fine to me too. I wouldn’t feed yet. U just put them in a pot full of nutes in the new soil.

In veg the rh should stay around 60

2 Likes