Sick Seedlings to Flourishing Seedlings w/HELP 1st GROW

Huh…
Are the leaves yellow or just curled down?

1 Like

Both. And super brittle. So…hopefully I did the right thing. I just watered them until I got plenty of runoff for the first time since I’ve only been misting them with a spray bottle. I’ve never watered until runoff. These babies feel dry as hell and that must be the issue is lack of water or something. What do I do with the runoff ??

I’m going to test the runoff Ph right now. But do I empty the runoff or keep it in the bottom so it can be absorbed back up ??

1 Like

Uh oh…
That’s waaaay too much water :grimacing: definitely try and dry them out if you can.
Kinda over compensated. Wish I could see it
Shouldn’t put seedlings in that big of a container for that very reason.
Start small and work your way up unless is an auto but still way too early to transplant.
If it were me I’d risk spooning it out and replanting it without touching the roots…
@raustin @dbrn32 @MattyBear @anon95385719 What do yall think?

2 Likes

Well, you should never water too runoff on such a small seedling, but it’s too late now. I would try and transplant it into some dry soil. Seedlings really need very little water. There must be something else wrong here. I would love to see a pic in natural light.

2 Likes

They’re too small to water to runoff right now I agree.

3 Likes

Yes but the soil was dry 3 inches + down inside. Also I got my runoff tested and it’s in the 7s but I’ve been misting at 6.5 A desperate move I know but I’ve done everything else to try to bring these babies up without “overwatering” them. But I’m pretty sure they were drying out. I have a lot of airflow going in and out and I think it was drying too fast and underwatered. I’ll check them several times today and see if there is any progress on my last ditch effort. If not or they look worse I’ll transplant them into cups.

1 Like

These guys got you covered. Good call @Redeyedranger :v:

1 Like

I checked back to see what soil you were using and it’s too hot. I use the same one for veg. I think it was around 500 ppm. Seedlings don’t need any added nutrients that aren’t already in the seed. They should be in a starter mix, coco, or rapid rooters, etc…something absent of nutes
then transplanted to that soil

I’m going to look for new soil today. Anything good I can get from Walmart , or any local department stores ??

1 Like

Walmart should have something. Jiffy makes a starter mix but it’s kinda hard to maintain moisture in that.
They should have small bags of coco, perlite, and vermeculite for a make it yourself…

1 Like

Awesome. Thx.

1 Like

Just bought some perlite, soil with ZERO nutes, and some vermil-something with Pete moss with no nutes in them . Going to do a transplant to solo cups soon as I’m home. And ill update later. Thanks all !!

1 Like

Excellent, that should fix your problem.

If they’re photos I would x plant them into 1 gal containers

1 Like

Will that be better than trying to get them healthy again in solo cups ?

A good mix of these items should be great right ?? And yes they are autos.

1 Like

autos dont like x planting. I would scrap it and start over IMO

1 Like

If they’re autos, then I would plant them right into their 3 gallon forever homes and skip the cup.

2 Likes

I did start over in three new solo cups with new seeds. But I’m def going to try to save these two yellowish ones.