Sick Seedlings to Flourishing Seedlings w/HELP 1st GROW

Would you suggest Frog farm for veg and then transfer into ocean forest?

My bad I just reread your response.

Ok I need easy. I can read from now until the cows come home but until Iā€™m Hands-On going to still be ignorant. I appreciate your current and future responses itā€™s nice to be able to go somewhere and talk to people that talk to you like your a normal human being not an idiot

5 Likes

Just remember, if you choose a medium that has goodies in it, donā€™t add nutrients for several weeks. You can add rooting supplements & even foliar feed if you notice something out of whack, but no need to pile on the food. From personal experience during my first 4 growsā€¦and maybe even this current grow (my 7th), more food doesnā€™t equal bigger plants.:grinning: It actually means burnt plants & a lot of pleading with whatever god you may/may not believe in.

4 Likes

That is what differentiates this forum from others.

4 Likes

Funny how people agree with some but disagree with others on the EXACT SAME response smh nutrient charged soil wonā€™t hurt the novice grower what so ever it makes life easierā€¦ when your trying to dial a plant in after you learn the basics THEN nutrient charges soil can cause an issue when dealing with over stretchā€¦ still not a huge problem for the noviceā€¦still not even a huge problem for the experienced there are much bigger problems to deal with in fact those soils are pretty well balanced and wo t have much issues at all start to finish if you just keep it simple and donā€™t try to mix easy with hard ā€¦ if you want a simple grow keep it simple when you start learning techniques then start purchasing products in a lot that go togetherā€¦ donā€™t just buy this because this person said this and then that because that person said thatā€¦do your research about everything that is recommended to you and make a educated decsison based on your research consult your local hydro store ā€¦ they want you to be successful with get here products so you come back and buy more they have the most extensive product knowledge and will be able to hook you up based on your needs and budget much better then ppl that really ainā€™t right in front of youā€¦ everyone can reco.end a 75$ ph meter and a 45$ bottle of this and 26$ that not everyone can afford itā€¦ hydro dude will be your best bet ā€¦ take your notes you make from here and bring your questions to the hydro store general will clear up anymisconception you may have acquired itā€™s hard to read a response and put it to practice so just read read read sorry for the book but this worked for me I was in BSA soil for the beginning and I played for it more ways then one and am still paying in time ā€¦ more plants cost more money donā€™t grow a bunch of plants if you cant feed em properly with your budget your whole crop will suffer quality wise if you start chincing on nutes if it starts breaking the bank I know I ran into this at the worst time but hey live and learn and next time will be prepared proper

1 Like

Sorry but I disagree with u. I have asked the guy at my hydro store a few questions I knew the answers to to see what response I would get before trusting him with things I donā€™t know. He was much less knowledgeable than myself.

I think if u scan through the threads u can get to know whos advice u can trust. Thereā€™s a much wider knowledge base on a forum with thousands of people than your hydro guy trying to sell product.

Just my two cents take it for what itā€™s worth.

3 Likes

Yeah but I see same person saying yay to one and nae to another I have to disagree because that person seemed knowledgable but u hear little b- here and be there watch bs get out on spot lightā€¦thatā€™s just meā€¦my hydro store dude has turned me on to most of my foundation which I have no plan on changing since its working

Hydro store dudes are not robots keep in mind so take with a grain of salt ā€¦and I did say take your notes from here and run em by the store dude and see if they can clarify misconception or questions you might not be getting answeredā€¦ i didnā€™t say talk to ppl here then ask hydro dude and discard everything you knew from before ā€¦ I said make a educated decsison and read read readā€¦ u obviously skimmed my post :neutral_face::neutral_face:thatā€™s what that was worth to me

Iā€™m not here to argue. And no I read your post.

Most hydro stores are owner operated. They have all kinds of reasons to tell u what they want u to hear. But hey, u get your info wherever u please. Mayb your hydro guy grows fire. Who knows.

2 Likes

Yeah man he says damn near 99% same stuff every one basicly agrees on here didnā€™t mean to come of pissy arguing with wife took out on you lol but yeah take everything with a grain donā€™t impulse buyā€¦ read read read you will save your self money

1 Like

Iā€™m actually a wo-man. But itā€™s all good.

4 Likes

Got some amazing buds from all the help. Thanks all !!

6 Likes

Yes. I named it blueberry dream. Because I just sampled it and feel like Iā€™m dreaming :joy::joy::joy: Got about 4-5 of these at least on two plants. And my 3rd plant is still growing in the bud department :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

8 Likes

When I said ā€œheā€ I was referring to the hydro store dude and how he says most of the same stuff the veterans here say

And what were your tricks like your pistils seem like you have alot of white still Iā€™m going through same thing Iā€™m having trouble ripening the pistils and trics together

1 Like

Trichs are what matter with ripening weed, since theyā€™re the actual resin glands. If your trichs are ripening, but your pistils are staying white, go by the trichs.

I wasnā€™t even bothering checking my one girlā€™s trichs b/c her pistils made her look very immature. However, when I checked 2 days ago, it threw me into a panic, b/c sheā€™s actually ready a few weeks sooner than her pistils had let on.

So, go for trichs. Use pistils to tell you when to start checking trichs, but donā€™t depend on pistils solely for determining for ripeness levels.

3 Likes

I have my hands full all hours my lights are on so itā€™s so hard to go through my plants while my son is awake Iā€™m at 10 weeks in getting anxious as hell

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty when calyxys are really starting to swell is that indication Iā€™m getting close as well because I have calyxys that look like green peas like super fat and round and no seeds either I squeezed one to see ā€¦ strait plant matter

1 Like