Sick Seedlings to Flourishing Seedlings w/HELP 1st GROW

I concur. Time to start feeding a little. Is that old nute burn? Would b weird to have nute burn and deficiencies.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I actually held off from feeding because even new growth was coming out with very small yellowing tips.

1 Like

See. Look at the tips. And the leaves look deficient but tips look burned. So confused.

4 Likes

1 Like

Yellow tips on all levels of leaves. And faded yellowish leaves.

1 Like

Don’t forget that you have had soil pests problems @dclem1010 … Collembola and flea beetle larvae have munched a bit the roots of your plants… That’s most probably why root tips have had necrosis damage…

Your plants have also had multiple problems from starts…

So it’s totally normal to have this problem… And should recover very soon…

If the problem is still there in a week or so (white, yellow or necrose tips from the start, at new shoots), apply Spinosad or SNS-203 to get rid of the pests … Your plant will have another chock, but will recover…

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

If the tips are burned and you have a deficiency I would assume your pH is off and it’s a bit over fed magnesium is best absorbed @ 6.5 and up. Just my take.
I would be watering about a half gallon at a time every 3 days where she is but read it as you go.
Hope I didn’t add confusion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BTW this is a very minor problem for the moment. No worries. Just let your pH IN swing from 6-7 but try to hit 6.5

2 Likes

Great info. Thx ALL !

Thought this might help

2 Likes

It appears to just be a young seedling that has not developed a goot root system yet. Be patient.

On the other hand; I wouldn’t personally put a seedling into that potting mix until it had 4-5 sets of true alternating nodes of leaves.

Happy growing.

1 Like

2 Likes

They are looking better today. Looks like my tallest plant #2 has some little white hairs coming out! Also gave a little nutes yesterday with 6.8 ph water instead of the 6.2 rain water I’ve been watering with since their births. They seemed to have enjoyed them !

1 Like

They look good, and female.

Yup. Congrats! Its a girl!!! They’re coming around tho. Just keep up the slow steady loving

Got some weird yellowing all. And all new growth also looks like discolored tips ?? Pics below. Please help.

1 Like

I think you have an excess of potassium. What are you feeding and when was the last time you fed?

2 Likes

Listen to the pretty lady. I saw tip burn (usually over nuting) no idea the discoloration but @raustin for the win

2 Likes

I’ve barely fed them the minimum dosage of grow big like 4 days ago. 1 teaspoon per gallon. And the soil barely has nutes in it since it’s a mix I made and didn’t have many nutes in it. Confused :pensive:

Hmm, then it could just be a magnesium deficiency. Do you have any Cal mag?

1 Like